General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Opinion HD Daymaker Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:37 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Opinion HD Daymaker Headlight

Got a 2014 Ultra Limited. Had headlight adjusted as it was out of adjustment - -something that should have been done during initial set up of the bike.

My opinion is that HD Daymaker is not as good of a light as a Truck Light 7. I have had the TL on 2 bikes for over a year. The TL has a wider side to side pattern and throws the light further down the road on both low and high beams. I do a lot of riding in the mountains in the dark. I can definetly see much better through the corners with the TL. Of course as always, your experience may differ.

I do how ever like the looks of the HD Daymaker spot/driving/passing lights.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OwnerOfHarriet
Got a 2014 Ultra Limited. Had headlight adjusted as it was out of adjustment - -something that should have been done during initial set up of the bike.

My opinion is that HD Daymaker is not as good of a light as a Truck Light 7. I have had the TL on 2 bikes for over a year. The TL has a wider side to side pattern and throws the light further down the road on both low and high beams. I do a lot of riding in the mountains in the dark. I can definetly see much better through the corners with the TL. Of course as always, your experience may differ.

I do how ever like the looks of the HD Daymaker spot/driving/passing lights.
Had Harley's LED headlight and aux. lights on my softail,was never really impressed. I do a lot of mountain riding,a lot of it in the dark,also. Went to Harley's dual halogen headlight and 37.5 watt halogen aux. lights on the Road King,which are excellent,but wanting better side lighting. Wildlife encounters being the rule,not the exception,up here. Will give the Trucklite a look,along with Cirius' flush mount engine guard LED's. Harley's price is ridiculous.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:27 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I upgraded my Night Train to the Daymaker and it's a major improvement on the stock incandescent lamp, but after reading reports on here about the light beam not being ideal on winding roads, I assessed this and confirm the same.

I added rubber blocks inside the housing to stiffen up the stock rubber mounts which were too soft for the much heavier Daymaker - HD sell a "snubber" for this.

I've not seen the TruckLight, so cant comment on that one.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

It's way better than the stocker that only let me see about 10' in front of my bike.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:12 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I might have went with the Truck Light but I was told they didn't make a 5" version, so I had to go with the Day Maker 4 bulb version...only to find out they made a 6 bulb two weeks after I got mine. Same price too.

Overall, I'm happy with it, especially with it on high beam. It really lights up the road.