General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couples who both ride.......

Old 01-15-2017, 04:00 PM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
Yeah I'm in the same boat.
I miss having her as a passenger, and when she she does hop on back now she's a horrible passenger now that she's used to being in control.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:12 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

I just upgraded from a Softail to a 2017 Ultra. Wife rides a Fatboy "S". Her first bike, had never ridden before the learn to ride class. Whoever says women need to start with a small bike is full of ****. She loves her Fatboy especially since I put some V&H pipes on it (was not loud enough for her). And yes, she is a "soccer mom". Nothing wrong with that.

Attached Thumbnails Couples who both ride.......-r_k.jpg  

Last edited by riknbeth; 01-15-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:24 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by bettingpython
I miss having her as a passenger, and when she she does hop on back now she's a horrible passenger now that she's used to being in control.
Yeah she's actually a decent passenger, My bike is not the best 2 up bike but can be made bearable with some quick detach stuff. Looking at adding a touring bike maybe this summer which should really make it good for 2 up and for some of the long distance stuff planned. When I wanna go solo the Breakout will come out.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:46 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,342 Posts

My wife has an 09 Heritage and a 17 Road Glide Special. I have the bikes listed in my signature.

We ride a lot together, she also rides with the motor maids and I ride with my club.

We both average over 24K a year, and about 17K is with each other, we take several trips a year.

Last edited by FLSTFI Dave; 01-15-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:46 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

My wife has been on her own bike (2016 1200 sporty) for almost a year now. It is MUCH better IMO having her on her own bike. I would much rather be solo on my bike, and she has a lot more fun riding her own. It works out well for everyone.

Last edited by RedNose44; 01-15-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Grady10
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I ride a 2008 Ultra Classic. She rides with me "sometimes". The wife had a 14 Heritage up until last July when we were returning home from Nashville one weekend. She had stopped riding as much as she used to. I knew it was because her health was declining due to her Type 1 diabetes and neuropathy due to the diabetes, because she had dropped her bike a couple of times. She asked me to stop at Cool Springs HD because she wanted to look at "something"... I ask what and she said "just something"...Well 4 hours later and she was riding her '16 FreeWheeler home. She explained the situation, crying while doing it as well as getting 3 men choked up, to Andrew and Jamie at the dealer that she didn't want to give up riding because what it does for her and they hooked her up with a smoking deal. They gave her way more than what she owed on the Heritage so a BIG SHOUT OUT to Cool Springs HD in Franklin, TN. She put about 800 miles on it this weekend alone. She definitely doesn't let her diabetes stop her. That's why she is the love of my life.

Attached Thumbnails Couples who both ride.......-grady-me-andrew.jpg   Couples who both ride.......-wp_20160509_18_40_23_pro.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:09 PM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Grady10
I ride a 2008 Ultra Classic. She rides with me "sometimes". The wife had a 14 Heritage up until last July when we were returning home from Nashville one weekend. She had stopped riding as much as she used to. I knew it was because her health was declining due to her Type 1 diabetes and neuropathy due to the diabetes, because she had dropped her bike a couple of times. She asked me to stop at Cool Springs HD because she wanted to look at "something"... I ask what and she said "just something"...Well 4 hours later and she was riding her '16 FreeWheeler home. She explained the situation, crying while doing it as well as getting 3 men choked up, to Andrew and Jamie at the dealer that she didn't want to give up riding because what it does for her and they hooked her up with a smoking deal. They gave her way more than what she owed on the Heritage so a BIG SHOUT OUT to Cool Springs HD in Franklin, TN. She put about 800 miles on it this weekend alone. She definitely doesn't let her diabetes stop her. That's why she is the love of my life.
Thats awesome so glad to hear she gets to keep doing something she loves.

Make no mistake it thrills me my wife enjoys her own bike. I just miss my passenger sometimes.

Last edited by bettingpython; 01-16-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:04 PM
willie91
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has rode solo for 25 years. She was one of the few women who rode in this area. She has had her '90 EC Classic for over 20 yrs as I have had a '91
FLXSTC I just recently bought a Street glide so now we are both comfortable! LOL

Old 01-17-2017, 09:04 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Grady10
Such a great story! Thank you for sharing it with us..

Old 01-17-2017, 12:03 PM
runnhrd
Road Master
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I ride an 11 Road Glide Ultra and she rides a 2012 Dyna Switchback for local but long distance she rides with me... loves to play with the radio controls!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Couples who both ride.......