General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it Illegal to be a Biker in Australia ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:36 PM
pipedog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it Illegal to be a Biker in Australia ?

Is it Illegal to be a Biker in Australia ?

Interesting blog from Long Ride shields in my e-mail today.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Tigeraif
Stage II

Its not all biker clubs. Its only the ones the government defines as 1% clubs. I am a member of a Military Motorcycle Club and we have no problems.

There has been a change of government in Queensland so these restrictions may be relaxed.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts
Old 02-07-2015, 05:51 AM
pipedog
Advanced

So he was stopped 21 times for wearing a vest? 6 or 7 cops standing around acting like he is some kind of mass murderer? I don't know if I could keep my cool for as long as he did.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:24 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by pipedog
So he was stopped 21 times for wearing a vest? 6 or 7 cops standing around acting like he is some kind of mass murderer? I don't know if I could keep my cool for as long as he did.
That's the way it is when the cops have nothing better to do. Here in Japan you'll see 9 cop cars in a convenience store parking lot with all cherries flashing, as if an armed robbery had taken place and people were shot. But it's usually nothing more than somebody having made off with an item or two that they didn't pay for...

Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

From the looks of it...they don't favor 1%er's and possible shake-down others...

Old 02-07-2015, 08:22 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

It's not illegal to be a biker anywhere but when you're in or associated with certain clubs, you have to expect what they've done to follow you. Their past is now your past. And cops don't know what YOU have done, only what the club you're in has done, so they check you out. I was stopped 5 day out of 6 because I was in the dominant club in Dallas in the 70s. It's goes with the territory.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts
Old 02-07-2015, 04:07 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,828 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
It's not illegal to be a biker anywhere but when you're in or associated with certain clubs, you have to expect what they've done to follow you. Their past is now your past. And cops don't know what YOU have done, only what the club you're in has done, so they check you out. I was stopped 5 day out of 6 because I was in the dominant club in Dallas in the 70s. It's goes with the territory.
You and I may have crossed paths I ran out Kansas City around that time .

For the rest of this ;

You guys are killing me, always has been and always will be you fly an outlaw patch you have a target painted on your back just a fact of life. Problem today there's so many nickle & dime clubs popping up weekly the law isn't discriminating anymore in some places. As for that video you don't want the hassle don't fly a patch all the time otherwise take a man pill and deal with the the fallout.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:27 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You and I may have crossed paths I ran out Kansas City around that time .

For the rest of this ;

You guys are killing me, always has been and always will be you fly an outlaw patch you have a target painted on your back just a fact of life. Problem today there's so many nickle & dime clubs popping up weekly the law isn't discriminating anymore in some places. As for that video you don't want the hassle don't fly a patch all the time otherwise take a man pill and deal with the the fallout.
True, but it can't be nearly as bad here as what was just depicted in that video.

Quick Reply: Is it Illegal to be a Biker in Australia ?