General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STONEYSTRAPS is a scam!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 PM
-Grumpy-
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post STONEYSTRAPS is a scam!

Just wanted to post about my recent experience with this shoddy "business" and possibly save some people from getting scammed. I ordered some straps from stoneystraps.com 12-17-14, I never received any sort of tracking or shipment confirmation and after numerous attempts to contact the business after a week finally received a response (immediately) after threatening to dispute. He claimed he was out of town and would check the status of the shipment when he had access to the internet, which didn't make sense considering he just emailed me.

So I waited patiently for another week or so, no response. I emailed him three more times over a period of another week and a half asking when he would have more information or be back in town to check for me with no response. I emailed him again stating I just want a refund or will dispute and send a complaint with the Bbb - he emailed me back (again immediately) saying very vaguely that there had been a mixup and assured me my order would go out the next morning and he would give me a free set of straps for a good faith gesture, which I politely declined saying my original order would be enough. I thanked him and waited for two more weeks, still nothing.

I emailed him back asking for tracking information or a full refund stating I am not too thrilled at this point (over a month since the order and nothing yet). No response, days go by I send one last email telling him I want a full refund and am no longer interested in waiting any longer. He has never gotten back with me and has failed to give me what I ordered or a refund. I explained to him I would be filing a dispute and would be sure to get word out that this seems like a scam. I haven't heard from him since.

I filed a complaint with the Bbb which is in progress until the 9th and filed with my card issuer. Hopefully I can get my money back, but maybe this post will save someone some hassle from this company. The few times I spoke with them it was Stoney himself I spoke with. My card was charged in full before the order even shipped which from my understanding is against card policy, I never received my order, was failed to receive a refund, and communications were almost non existent.
I feel this guy was out to scam me all along and is just trying to wait it out hoping I won't do anything about it. Buyer beware.

I will follow up here after I get a response back from the Bbb.
I have all emails of the order information and all of our correspondence. Hopefully this helps for those considering purchasing some boot straps, I would highly suggest not ordering from Stoney Straps.

Last edited by -Grumpy-; 02-06-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Thanks for the warning!

Old 02-06-2015, 06:41 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Thanks for posting!

Old 02-06-2015, 06:44 PM
tech7734
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:57 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

It's really pathetic when a business stoops so low as to screw you out of 20 bucks then shine you on about it for months.

Here is what is really located at the business address he has listed on his website.

http://aimmailcenters.com/

Old 02-06-2015, 07:04 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Others don't feel the same as you and have had a far different experience.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ey-straps.html

Old 02-06-2015, 07:26 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,828 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000

Yeah they did, 6 years ago........

Old 02-06-2015, 07:29 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000

So you link to a six year old thread that was recently brought back by someone else (not the OP) who also paid for, but never got their product to make that point?

Old 02-06-2015, 07:31 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Yeah sure roadking,, but all it takes is one screw up like this to trash a reputation.
Multiple attempts to contact ignored?? No way man!
That just doesn't cut it, unless there's a death in the family or hospitalized yourself,, even then 6 weeks is way too long to ignore business.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:48 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,473 Likes on 2,475 Posts

They're kinda gay anyway.

Quick Reply: STONEYSTRAPS is a scam!