General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Financing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:36 AM
bahnstormer
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing

Hi all, I just have a question for anyone who went threw HD financing. How long is your credit application good for once you are approved. 15 days or 30 days before you have to fill out another application to get approved again.
Thanks

Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 AM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went through HD financing. I had no credit well a little bit of bad credit from student loans. Lol so it would of been tough for me to get a traditional bank loan. I ended up going through HD and got approved right away. My interest rate is through the roof but it will give me an opportunity to build some credit. I let them electronically withdraw from my checking account. They make you pay a fee everytime UNLESS you mail a check, or do monthly Epayment..
I wish my interest rate wasn't so high but that's the price I have to pay I guess. They are decent at customer support. But I don't have to talk with them much because I have my payments come out the same day I get direct deposit from my pay check. I don't even notice it coming out so that makes it easy so I don't forget. I would recommend going through a bank or credit union if you can, if not then I guess they're not that bad (besides the crazy interest rate) lol
But that might not be the case for you. I'm sure everyone's case is somewhat different.
Goodluck

Last edited by moosehunter22; 02-24-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bahnstormer
Hi all, I just have a question for anyone who went threw HD financing. How long is your credit application good for once you are approved. 15 days or 30 days before you have to fill out another application to get approved again.
Thanks
Most Banks & HD (Eaglestream Bank) Harley's lender, I believe are good for 30 days, then you need to re-apply. Be advised that every time you re-apply you're credit score get's "pinged" too. Not very much but it does happen.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:22 AM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm an old geezer, from the old school way of motorcycling. So, since I haven't pissed anyone off yet this winter I will now. PAY CASH. There's not a damn thing wrong with a used bike. Learn how to fix it yourself. If you can't pay cash how can you afford to buy all that chrome and leather **** you plan on putting on the bike?

The real economy sucks. Your job may be gone tomorrow. Tying up 10, 15, $20,000 worth of high interest loan to build credit is fooling yourself.

When you can, you take out a loan for a house. Making those payments to keep that house is sacred. You do nothing to endanger the home. A new motorcycle is way down the list of needs.

The way you build up poor credit is to have a credit card and use it to buy little things. Then pay it off at the end of every month. Soon offer's of more cards will come in the mail. Take out a couple, use them for more little ****, then pay it off at the end of the month. Next thing you know you can get a mortgage.

That's it, end of rant.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am curious why you would fill out a credit app if you were not buying? You can find your credit score thru multiple sites and it's true that every time you apply for credit (whether you use it or not) you will be dinged on your score.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Melman
I am curious why you would fill out a credit app if you were not buying? You can find your credit score thru multiple sites and it's true that every time you apply for credit (whether you use it or not) you will be dinged on your score.
That's not what he asked, so it doesn't matter. LOL!

Old 02-24-2015, 11:37 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by Beretta52

Most Banks & HD (Eaglestream Bank) Harley's lender, I believe are good for 30 days, then you need to re-apply. Be advised that every time you re-apply you're credit score get's "pinged" too. Not very much but it does happen.
WTH - you mean Eaglemark?

And, the answer is 30 days.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Ask the lender. I've always applied for loans at the time of purchase, and never worried about the time limit on approved small loans. May vary based on if you are buying used vs new, or whatever else. Simple to ask.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:43 PM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

You're approved. Why aren't you posting pics of the SOB in your garage, or better yet out on a ride?

Old 02-24-2015, 12:44 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by jtarter
You're approved. Why aren't you posting pics of the SOB in your garage, or better yet out on a ride?
Now, THAT question matters, and is valid! LOL!

Quick Reply: Financing