General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:56 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

CD is the best out there when you want to get LEDs. Their customer service is the best, bar none. When I got my r/s/t lights, I was concerned about the load equalizer wire and had a lot of questions. They worked with me all the way.

Mine were $140 with shipping with my choice of lenses...clear or smoke or keep the ones I had. I chose clear, since the bulbs were colored and I think they're brighter with clear. Smoke just dulls the lights, IMO and I wanted them as bright as could get.

You won't regret dealing with them.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:24 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everyone

Old 03-01-2015, 06:22 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I just got a set of Bullet Ringz (completely replace the stock lenses, have the outer 'running' ring of LEDs in the chrome housing) installed on my '08 Deluxe. I needed the load stabilizer, and also added run/brake/turn module. The lights work great, I'm very happy with them. Still have 3 feet of snow on the ground so haven't been out to ride with them yet. Still trying to figure out where to stash the load equalizer and R/B/T modules. Actually started a thread about it in the softail forums

I think Softails after '11 don't need the equalizer, but not positive about that.

I got them from my local HD dealer, as they had a 20% off LED lighting deal in February - they ordered them through Drag Specialties - Drag had them for the same price as CD direct, and the shop gave me 20% off that price with no charge to order/ship.

Dan

Last edited by dandrumheller; 03-01-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:35 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Lifetime warranty to I believe,love mine.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:21 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I'll get pics later but in have the dynamic ringz on frt and rear turn as well. No load equalizer needed for 2014 plug and play. For 1.95 ea I got the smoked lenses, great pricing, great service and fast shipping direct from company. Truly was a win win, great product!

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
I just got a set of Bullet Ringz (completely replace the stock lenses, have the outer 'running' ring of LEDs in the chrome housing) installed on my '08 Deluxe. I needed the load stabilizer, and also added run/brake/turn module. The lights work great, I'm very happy with them. Still have 3 feet of snow on the ground so haven't been out to ride with them yet. Still trying to figure out where to stash the load equalizer and R/B/T modules. Actually started a thread about it in the softail forums

I think Softails after '11 don't need the equalizer, but not positive about that.

I got them from my local HD dealer, as they had a 20% off LED lighting deal in February - they ordered them through Drag Specialties - Drag had them for the same price as CD direct, and the shop gave me 20% off that price with no charge to order/ship.

Dan
Would love to hear how you like the bullet ringz and some pics. I was very close to getting them but was worried that the 7 outer LED's would not be as visible as the larger number of the dynamic ringz

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-02-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:14 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Dynamic ringz in front, and clusters in the back. Smoked lenses. Work great, and both have a lifetime guarantee. Can't beat that.

You don't need an equalizer on 14 and up. Plug and play.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:30 PM
William3
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom dynamics

Got them direct from cd and got the taillight with the module to have three running lights. Got the smoked lenses they look the best I think.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please-image.jpg  
Old 03-01-2015, 11:28 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Call direct. CD is a vendor here on the Forum. 10%off. Lifetime warranty on LEDS. They DO burn out a few leds dots over time. Customer service is top shelf!

Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Great products, only weakness is their load equalizer - if you need one...

Old 03-02-2015, 11:27 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Would love to hear how you like the bullet ringz and some pics. I was very close to getting them but was worried that the 7 outer LED's would not be as visible as the larger number of the dynamic ringz
From what I can tell, the individual light output of the LEDs in the ring look the same, compared to videos I've seen - but the fewer number of LEDs probably make the overall output of the bullet ringz less, I would guess. I made that assumption when I chose what I wanted - little less brightness for a better (in my opinion) appearance.

Here's a couple crappy cell phone videos I did - fronts are white ring with amber lens. rear are single intensity red/red. The rears in this video have the run brightness set at 2 out of 10 on RBT module - 1 was a pretty close match to the tail (incandescent still for now until I decide what way I'm going for license relocation - probably softbrake - so waiting to only tear it apart once).

Sorry for the messy garage, and the noob inverted video on the tails - but it gets the point across.

http://vid1308.photobucket.com/album...psietvxsek.mp4

http://vid1308.photobucket.com/album...ps6g0ibnkl.mp4

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please