General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:23 AM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please

So I was contemplating getting the Custom Dynamic LED Dynamic Ringz for my Breakout. Just wondering if you guys have pics of then on your bike. Also what are your experiences with them; love them? Hate them?
Also any particular vendor that gives you good deals on them or just go to Custom Dynamics themselves?
Thanks

Old 03-01-2015, 12:10 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Purchased direct. They work well with led headlamp from Harley. I only did the front. Left the back stock.

Sorry no pic.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:56 PM
evil-1
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a couple pics. I went through the local HD dealer because I got 10% off. Nice and bright in the garage, haven't rode with them yet due to weather.
Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please-flhxs2hdf.jpgThinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please-front-end.jpg
Read your post wrong, these are pics of the Bullet Ringz, not the Dynamic Ringz.

Last edited by evil-1; 03-01-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:21 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

i put the dynamic ringz on my cvo. since it already had leds in the rear, i needed to get a signal stabilizer as well to keep them from acting all funky. they work great, no regrets on buying them. i bought the dynamic ringz, and the signal stabilizer at discount from pc_pain. you can email him at jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com

Old 03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did y'all keep the stock lenses or switch to aftermarket clear or smoke?

Old 03-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,229 Likes on 5,990 Posts

Had CD on Sporty and Street Glide. Would not consider going without. Need load equalizer as LED draw far less energy and your blinkers wont work right. Nice thread on plasma rods on forum for install. Have those as well. Go direct...great customer service. Also bought their air horn. LOUD!!!

Old 03-01-2015, 02:56 PM
mcouture
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I put the Dynamic Ringz on my Street Glide last year. They are awesome. My buddies all say they are wicked bright and look great. And yes, change the lenses...

I will be putting them on my Limited --- as soon as the snow melts up here.

Last edited by mcouture; 03-01-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:59 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by LACOUNTRYHICK
Did y'all keep the stock lenses or switch to aftermarket clear or smoke?
i went with the smoke lenses

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Need load equalizer as LED draw far less energy and your blinkers wont work right.
maybe, maybe not. i'm not sure when the softail went to the canbus system, and that system doesn't require a signal stabilizer (at least not on the touring, not so familiar with softies, but would imagine can bus is can bus)

Old 03-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts

Do it. Love mine. They're very bright. I suggest getting them from CD directly. I switched lenses to some smoked glass lenses by Auto Gem that refract the light.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:40 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Get them. I have them on both my bikes and like them a lot. If I ever get another bike, that's the first mod I'll make. Lights from CD.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting Custom Dynamics LED turn signals. Pics and experiences please