General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunglasses Your experience

Old 03-02-2015, 09:13 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Sunglasses Your experience

If anyone wishes to provide what exact brand and model of sunglasses you have long time (not the same day you bought them) experience with, please let us all know.

I purchased many cheep sunglasses over the years. I personally find that cheap is not really cheap. Of course there are cases when cheap is best.

I tend to keep my equipment is good condition and generally do not loose things. Sunglasses are essential equipment.

I have owned a pair of Wiley x ink wx z87-2 for several years now. I got them cheap brand new and did not know the brand previously. The glasses have the following features.

* A removable foam "Seal" that has a soft "felt like covering over it. The plastic holding frame has a series of holes that allow air in and heat & moisture out. It is called a "REMOVABLE FACIAL CAVITY SEAL". They can be purchased separately and replaces as they wear out. They are about $10.00

* The lenses change from Sunglasses (darker) to near clear for night riding. They are aerodynamic and do not come off when looking over your shoulder while riding without the use of a "sock". Whily X no longer makes this model and I will not purchase these from HD/MOCO. This is my reason for posting. What do you got?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:18 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Maui Jim MJ-412-02 Banyan. These seem to have the best balance of size of lens and shade of lens for me and what I do, ride and go fishing.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

These.....Maui Jim, Peahi, Prescription w/Bronze lenses, $600 and worth every penny.
I've been wearing this model for about 8 years and they are the best riding glasses I've ever had.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Decot. For 50 years now. Interchangeable lenses,arms that wrap completely around the ear,over 100 tints available,as well as shatterproof,lightweight. With 3 pair of Rx lenses,frame and case,about 700.00.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:03 AM
PikeAl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of Wiley-X...Knife I believe is the model. Got them for about $95 at JP cycles. They have that gasket and they come with a strap that attaches to the arms. The strap and gasket are removable. They are not transition lenses, unfortunately.

I do have three pairs of cheap glasses I got on amazon...I think about $12 for the set. One clear, one tinted, and one amber. They also have the gasket but still let air in. I remedied that by attaching a strap to them and pull it snug around my head when I'm riding. That pretty much solves the issue for me.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Mickey Shane
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oakley Jupiter Squared. I'm on my second pair now that the first pair is scratched on the lenses. The first pair lasted 3 years. I really like the fit and the image I get looking through them.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:17 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

I had a pr of Crews Blackjack Mirrored Safety glasses I used at work for 3-4 yrs.. Started using them on the bike and when they finally wore out I order 3 more pair of them

Great for eye and wind protection while not blocking side views... Plus they are a good buy so you don't have to worry if you break or lose them.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 AM
arlinsg
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Oakleys...can't remember the model but I won them in a golf tournament in 2001 and just recently stopped wearing them.....had to go to prescription.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

I have 4 pair in the rotation.
Ray Ban Wayfarers (my favorite for riding)
Ray Ban (don't know the model)
Maui Jim Kahunas
Maui Jim (don't know the model)

Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,857 Likes on 4,111 Posts

The sunglasses I use most of the time are my Costa Man O War. I also have the Wiley X Romer 3 with interchangeable polycarbonate lenses (grey, amber, yellow). I had a pair of clear Rx lenses made for the Wiley X for night riding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunglasses Your experience