General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to vent. very long winded. sorry...

Old 03-02-2015, 09:52 PM
brockND
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to vent. very long winded. sorry...

My Story:
So the winter of 2013 I decided to finally scratch the itch of wanting a harley. At the time i had a yamaha raider and harley gave me $300 more then i paid for it. Have had a lot of differernt bikes over the last 10 years (like 11 total i think) but not a single harley yet. Go in not able to decide if i want a Street Glide or a Fat Boy Lo. Come across the slim and now I know what i want. Sales man trys to tell me "Thats a bike I would start your wife on. You want something bigger." I tell him to shut his mouth and get the paper work going. Bought it Feb 2014. I have always done my own work and dont have any intentions on changing that. I place my order for apes with Caralini, get my confermation email, and the money comes out of my account. Two weeks later i havent recieved a conformation that it shipped so i get irritated and call them. they have no record of my order ever existing. get that straightened out blah blah blah. Middle of this last summer my tank starts leaking from the plate under the spedo. I end up with a stain on my tank and crank case. Didnt want to take it in to get it warrintied because i knew they would end up haveing it for the rest of the summer... finally talk to the dealer where i purchased it and they dont know if they will warranty it because i tighened down the plate when it started leaking and it will look like i messed it up. told them there is another dealership that already said they would pick it up so they say fine we will come get it. they have it for 2 months through this winter so oh well it was winter. After a lot of arguing they finally replaced the tank and straightned tuff out. thanks, im happy. So i have new exhaust, ac, tuner, tank lift, and a lowering kit laying here waiting to put it all on. Just got my bike back this last thursday. Started taking stuff apart tonight to put all my shinny new stuff on. Go to put my exhaust on and come to find out that i am missing a mounting bracket that according to the instructions is suppose to be in there. So now i am screwed until i figure out how to get this bracket. It hasnt been the worst winter in North Dakota (hardly any snow) but it has been very cold. We have had 2 days that got to 50 degrees F and my bike was in the shop for both of them. It is suppose to get to almost 50 this weekend and then be almost 60 all of next week. And i probably wont have a bike by then. My harley experience hasnt gone well so far. Still love my bike (even though i think it is a little gutless).

I appologize to anyone that has actaully read this whole thing for wasting probably 10 min of your life. thanks for listening.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 PM
TheZombie
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everybody has to bitch from time to time. And man, there's nothing worse than getting a rare nice day and having the bike torn down. That's when it pays to have an old Honda beater in the corner of the garage so you can go blow off some steam.
Good luck, man. I hope you get some riding in.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:33 PM
brockND
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheZombie
Everybody has to bitch from time to time. And man, there's nothing worse than getting a rare nice day and having the bike torn down. That's when it pays to have an old Honda beater in the corner of the garage so you can go blow off some steam.
Good luck, man. I hope you get some riding in.
Yea. I have a yamaha and 2 kawasakis sitting here but none of them are highway worthy. Good for doing wheelies tho!!! Thanks for the encouragement

Old 03-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Only took about 3 minutes to read your story.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Call dealership, get bracket.... done? I'm confused..

Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Str8chuter
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Only took about 3 minutes to read your story.
3 minutes, what took so long, were you reading it in the bathroom?

Ride Safe - Ride Smart

"He Who Lives In Joy Does His Creator's Will".
The Baal Shem Tov, Founder of Chasidic Judaism... ca. 1750's

Old 03-03-2015, 12:46 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,472 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Why I moved to Florida, where it's nice year 'round, with an occasional cold or rainy day. Decided way back to not let the weather dictate my life.

BTW 81 & sunny here today.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:50 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Man! I cut the **** out of my left index finger using a filet knife as a screwdriver. Damn it hurt!

Old 03-03-2015, 01:27 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Why do you think its '' a little gutless"? Its a big twin!!

Old 03-03-2015, 03:48 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

Well, it is a Harley after all. You may have to put up some things to own one, but you shouldn't compare its performance to a high revving rice burner. The big difference all Harley owners know about is that Harleys speak to your inner self, whereas most motorcycles don't. It is nearly a spiritual thing with us riders. If that doesn't do it for you, then consider going back to the Yammy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to vent. very long winded. sorry...