General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet communication

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:21 PM
bankguy
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helmet communication

I'm looking for a new helmet. Important to me is a helmet that will accept the HD communication setup. I like the Shoei JCruise but it seems the indents that the earphones are supposed to sit in are too small for the HD earpieces. Anyone have any experience with this? Any other recommendations?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:27 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bankguy
I'm looking for a new helmet. Important to me is a helmet that will accept the HD communication setup. I like the Shoei JCruise but it seems the indents that the earphones are supposed to sit in are too small for the HD earpieces. Anyone have any experience with this? Any other recommendations?
Just went through this process. I came out with Nolan N104 and Shark Evoline 3 I went with the Shark.

The headsets will work in the Shark - I modified mine a little by making the hole where the speakers attach a little deeper. Took all of 5 minutes with a dremel - it is made of Styrofoam and I took maybe a 1/4" material out

Old 03-03-2015, 04:01 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Here's another thread on helmet communication... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...met-comms.html

Old 03-04-2015, 09:13 AM
bankguy
Novice

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
Just went through this process. I came out with Nolan N104 and Shark Evoline 3 I went with the Shark.

The headsets will work in the Shark - I modified mine a little by making the hole where the speakers attach a little deeper. Took all of 5 minutes with a dremel - it is made of Styrofoam and I took maybe a 1/4" material out
Thank you for your response. I am looking at the Shark too. HD Offers a version of the Shark with HD graphics as well. ($50 worth of graphics apparently).

Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the Shoei 3/4 and full helmets, the HD ear phones fit in perfectly. If memory serves me there is a small pad in each ear hole that you remove before installing the ear phones.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:42 PM
bankguy
Novice

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
I have the Shoei 3/4 and full helmets, the HD ear phones fit in perfectly. If memory serves me there is a small pad in each ear hole that you remove before installing the ear phones.
I would love for that to be true. Honestly everything else I have read contradicts that. I called Revzilla as well and had someone measure the ear hole. The HD earphones I have are bigger than what he measured. Maybe he didn't measure carefully?

Old 03-04-2015, 03:04 PM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bankguy
I would love for that to be true. Honestly everything else I have read contradicts that. I called Revzilla as well and had someone measure the ear hole. The HD earphones I have are bigger than what he measured. Maybe he didn't measure carefully?
Are you talking about the stock communication set that is supplied with the Ultra Limited bike?

Old 03-04-2015, 03:17 PM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wear an Arai helmet and the ear phones for perfect.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:46 PM
shadowchrome
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The J-Cruise is a really nice helmet. I had to modify mine to fit the JM elite speakers (which I think are about the size of the HD ones). JM said they offered a set that was a better fit but the sound quality wasn't as good as the elite ones. The J-Cruise has a rather shallow, oval shaped pocket for the speakers.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:20 AM
bankguy
Novice

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Are you talking about the stock communication set that is supplied with the Ultra Limited bike?
Yes. I have a 2014 Ultra Limited. If you could measure your ear holes that would be helpful. How old are your helmets? I really want the JCruise.

Quick Reply: Helmet communication