General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gearing up for a long summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gearing up for a long summer

I'm excited for this summer, as I have a couple long trips planned on my 2011 Club Style Streetbob.
First is Laughlin with my parents, which wont be that long of a trip, since we live in Las Vegas.
However, my first real mileage is going to be coming from Vegas, through Arizona and Utah up to Southern Idaho twin falls to see my friends and some family, and also go on a run put on my the local M/M that I have hung out with for the past 3/4 years. Looking like its going to be right around 1500 miles in about 3/4 days. I'll be doing this in May. I'm going to go through Utah because I already have my CWP for Idaho, which means I'm good to go in AZ and UT, instead of waiting on my NV to come in. Also, no helmet laws.

Then in August we're taking off for Sturgis for two weeks. Looking at going to the Grand Canyon, then up to Sturgis, seeing all the monuments, then shooting across the upper states, and riding all the way down the coast from Seattle to LA then back to Vegas. 5000 miles or so.

I might also go to a beach somewhere in Cali where I can do a bit of camping on the beach just by myself, If I can afford the time off of work. I'll already be missing a bit of time with the three trips I already have planned...

What about you guys, whats on this years bucket list?

Old 03-04-2015, 04:41 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

We've talked about going to Carlsbad Caverns. With her job, we usually just get one "long, out of town, overnight" ride a year. But we've got several places on our list of places to go...Dodge City, Memphis, New Orleans...are a few.