General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oahu Harley rental, recommendations please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:26 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Oahu Harley rental, recommendations please.

I am on a great vacation on Oahu for the next few weeks. If there are members who would share their rental company recommendations and experiences I would sure appreciate it. I want to rent a Heritage. I have been to the Island quite a few times and know where I want to ride but just want a heads up on current rental cos. I don't want to be dealing with any *********. Any MC activities on the island also would be great to know about. Aloha!

Old 03-05-2015, 06:48 PM
rotorh60
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cycle City is the Harley Dealer here, and your looking around $200.00 a day plus a $1,000.00 hold on your credit card as a deposit. I don't think there are any formal runs scheduled this weekend. Feel free to roam about the island.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 PM
wxmcpo
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

The only place I know of to rent a Harley is at Cycle City right on the corner of Nimitz Hwy http://www.cyclecityltd.com/rentals.htm I've never rented a bike through them, but have bought three bikes there. Not sure of any MC activities though.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 PM
kevinckb3
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

there is a place on Nimitz right beside hilton hawaiian villiage and the kobe restaurant . its called paradise rentals .. they have harleys for a much better price than cycle city . the bikes are a few years old

Old 03-05-2015, 11:02 PM
glock35
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I rented at Cycle City and the service was great. I had a brand new (14 miles) RoadGlide in 2013, got to the North Shore and the ignition spring came apart. We got it rigged up and back to Cycle City, no questions asked and many apologies on their part and they put me on another RoadGlide, back on the road in about 20 minutes!

Old 03-05-2015, 11:40 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

We rent from cycle city when on Oahu. Go to the satellite store in Waikiki, it's mostly a boutique store but they do rentals. Lot less busy there.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:11 AM
FLYER
Road Master

Thanks guys. Anybody use Chase? Paradise(Waikiki Harley Rentals)?

Last edited by FLYER; 03-06-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:13 AM
kevinckb3
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

i have used paradise - good people and at least for me a much more fair price than cycle city . they are not however brand new bikes . i rented from them 5-6 times for 2 days at a time- never had an issue with the bikes but then again i didn't nit pick every minor flaw as it was a rental and a good price. for instance they had a white street glide . clutch when i rented it was a little funky on take off - other than that a great ride and they did give me a little break when renting for a couple days at a shot

Old 03-06-2015, 05:45 PM
FLYER
Road Master

Originally Posted by kevinckb3
i have used paradise - good people and at least for me a much more fair price than cycle city . they are not however brand new bikes . i rented from them 5-6 times for 2 days at a time- never had an issue with the bikes but then again i didn't nit pick every minor flaw as it was a rental and a good price. for instance they had a white street glide . clutch when i rented it was a little funky on take off - other than that a great ride and they did give me a little break when renting for a couple days at a shot
Thanks for that input. Just about any used twin cam Heritage would work for me. I can take good care of a rental like it's my own, but if it has scratches when I pick it up I don't want to be nicked for them when it's returned.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM
tjhog
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Last year I rented a Heritage from Maui Harley - same outfit as Oahu - think it was like $135 a day and the folks couldn't have been nicer. Highly recommended from me. FYI - Just got this from their website:
Rental Rates
Softail Models:1-2 Days: $139.00 per Day / 3-6 Days: $129.00 per Day (24hr)
Hope this helps

Last edited by tjhog; 03-06-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Oahu Harley rental, recommendations please.