General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike delivered

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:28 AM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New bike delivered

I purchased a 2015 Ultra Low and it had to be ordered. First time i have even thought about a brand spankin new bike!!! It arrived at the dealer end of February and I stopped in to see it first hand and to get the low down on it, since it is a ton different than what I had (2001 Heritage). I had it delivered to my home yesterday and after the driver got it in my garage for me, I started to play around with it on my own. In doing so I noticed that the mileage was 1 (trip odometer was .9). I was informed it would have 5 miles on it from the factory. Is this reason to be concerned, that they did not run it for their testing diagnostics? Or is this how the bikes are coming with 1 mile on them?

I have the itch to get it out on the road, however I need a heavy rain to come first! Plus I want to find out thoughts about the 1 mile on the ticker. Make sure HD didn't forget something. The dealer had to install a tender harness, I was informed that HD forgot that. What else did they forget? I guess time will tell.

Let me know if I have reason to be concerned or just drive it without concern.

Thanks,

Old 03-12-2015, 11:14 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by sammer4u
I purchased a 2015 Ultra Low and it had to be ordered. First time i have even thought about a brand spankin new bike!!! It arrived at the dealer end of February and I stopped in to see it first hand and to get the low down on it, since it is a ton different than what I had (2001 Heritage). I had it delivered to my home yesterday and after the driver got it in my garage for me, I started to play around with it on my own. In doing so I noticed that the mileage was 1 (trip odometer was .9). I was informed it would have 5 miles on it from the factory. Is this reason to be concerned, that they did not run it for their testing diagnostics? Or is this how the bikes are coming with 1 mile on them?

I have the itch to get it out on the road, however I need a heavy rain to come first! Plus I want to find out thoughts about the 1 mile on the ticker. Make sure HD didn't forget something. The dealer had to install a tender harness, I was informed that HD forgot that. What else did they forget? I guess time will tell.

Let me know if I have reason to be concerned or just drive it without concern.

Thanks,
If you have a 2015 touring model, it came from the factory with a tender lead pre-wired. It's under the left side cover. Pop it off and see!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:06 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My dealer does an approx 4 mile test ride after prepping a new bike - mine had just under 5 miles when I picked it up

Old 03-12-2015, 12:08 PM
sammer4u
Tourer

Originally Posted by From_Behind
If you have a 2015 touring model, it came from the factory with a tender lead pre-wired. It's under the left side cover. Pop it off and see!
Did that, both sides.. not there.. salesman even was miffed.. had service put one on! It is there now, but not from the factory!

As far as dealer putting on miles.. I guess it is possible that with it being so dang cold and they just got it they did not test drive it.. It was in the teens when it came in.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,147 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Pictures of your new beauty?

Old 03-12-2015, 12:27 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by sammer4u
Did that, both sides.. not there.. salesman even was miffed.. had service put one on! It is there now, but not from the factory!

Huh - weird. Hopefully they didn't forget anything else!!

Congrats on the new ride!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,118 Likes on 2,674 Posts

Pics!

Old 03-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Bohemka
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sir
Photos please

Old 03-12-2015, 02:25 PM
sammer4u
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Pictures of your new beauty?
Pictures will follow, want to get some outside instead of the garage. Fighting poor lighting and flash etc.

Got a call from HD Milwaukee. Said that the factory does run the motor and goes through the gears and very little mileage is added. The dealership has a route after "assembly" of the bike takes place. Since it was so damn cold they did not.

What exactly does the dealer do for the "assembly" Other than unbolt from shipping skid, remove some wrap, fill with gas, maybe check fluids what do they actually do to assembly it?

Old 03-12-2015, 04:50 PM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Let's see em!!!!! lol

Quick Reply: New bike delivered