General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are you drying your bike after cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:06 PM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a force dryer for animals, it can dry the fuzziest dogs in less than 5 min..I bought one from my groomer since I am a DVM, uses warm air and has nice long reduced hose and cheaper than any frikkin HARLEY dryer and better than that thing they call a dryer...but its all choice and how the wallet is as well..Ebay has new and used for decent price..Some force dryers have 2 motors and can put out some air. I have 2 goldens so the dryer comes with a dual purpose..

Old 03-29-2015, 07:55 PM
RGarcia
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Electric leaf blower. Don't use gas blower or it'll blow oil residue on your scoot

Old 03-30-2015, 01:43 AM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Ape_Hanger
I have to laugh at the warm filtered air concept, as opposed to unfiltered air, which is just called air. High powered unfiltered air is called the wind. Neither will hurt a bike. But if buying a specialized bike dryer with warm, hypoallergenic hepa filtered air helps you sleep at night have at it.
I highly doubt someone Is going to specifically buy one just because it's warm, filtered air, just an added bonus I think. There must be something to it, what kind of air does your dryer use? Warm air.
I can dry my bike in about 5 min flat with no water marks or water seeping out of every nook and cranny as I ride with a blaster and nothing touches my paint or Chrome when I dry it

Old 03-30-2015, 10:20 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by petdoc94
I use a force dryer for animals, it can dry the fuzziest dogs in less than 5 min..I bought one from my groomer since I am a DVM, uses warm air and has nice long reduced hose and cheaper than any frikkin HARLEY dryer and better than that thing they call a dryer...but its all choice and how the wallet is as well..Ebay has new and used for decent price..Some force dryers have 2 motors and can put out some air. I have 2 goldens so the dryer comes with a dual purpose..
Metro has been making pet dryers for years.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Ol dirty biker
I highly doubt someone Is going to specifically buy one just because it's warm, filtered air, just an added bonus I think. There must be something to it, what kind of air does your dryer use? Warm air.
I can dry my bike in about 5 min flat with no water marks or water seeping out of every nook and cranny as I ride with a blaster and nothing touches my paint or Chrome when I dry it

Pretty much the same amount of time it takes me with my leaf blower and it only cost me $25 (plus it also moves leaves in the fall).

Old 03-30-2015, 01:14 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Pretty much the same amount of time it takes me with my leaf blower and it only cost me $25 (plus it also moves leaves in the fall).
Use a Metro Blaster once, and you'll never use a leaf blower again. The pinpointed nozzle that gets into the tight spots, switch housings, etc. Leaf blower works but it's more work to use it and doesn't get in the tight places.

I also used mine on my old Porsche 911 and it's also great when cleaning any engine bay on any car.

With all that said, I'm not sure I would have bought it but my wife saw me looking at them and it was a surprise gift. I've had it over 10 years and used it for tons of things.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:33 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Yea that would work too, I prefer the blaster as it has a long skinny hose and the main unit sits on the ground behind me instead of a big bulky leaf blower and the blasters have some SERIOUS blowing power but I agree a leaf blower would work just fine also. Cheers