General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is This Shirt Idea Nuts?
Yes NSR, I'd like a shirt/sweatshirt just like that!
71.43%
No NSR, time for the jacket with sleeves that tie in back.
28.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Motorclothes Question/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:16 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Motorclothes Question/Poll

Hey all. I'm starting this thread just to double check that I ain't screwy...that what I'm looking for isn't out of line or pie-in-the-sky...

I'm not the type to wear clothing that makes me look like a walking Harley billboard, but I'd like a simple HD T-shirt. Trouble is, as far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a "Simple Harley Shirt". All I'd like is a T-shirt with a BIG Bar & Shield on the BACK and maybe - maybe - a small B&S on the front chest - on a pocket maybe. That's it. Nothing else on it. I'd buy a couple of 'em. I'd even buy a sweatshirt like that (not a hoodie, just a normal sweatshirt). Simple colors too - black, grey, white... easy, right? Or AM I nuts?

I get why HD sell shirts with the corporate logo on the front - so the dealers can put THEIR logo on the backs of those shirts.

How about doing it the other way around for once?

I've sent emails to HD's "IDEAS" email address. Never heard back.

So, I'm hoping a T-shirt/sweatshirt like this would be something the HD community would be interested in picking up. If so, I'm also hoping someone from HD will see this...

So, who else is interested...??

Last edited by NSR; 04-02-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:52 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I used to have a couple of H-D t-shirts I got at Walmart back in the early 90s for like, $10 a piece. They were Looney Toons t-shirts, one with the Tasmanian Devil on the front, chewing on the front tire of a Harley and the other with Yosemite Sam and Bugs Bunny kicking back under a tree in the background with the B&S logo carved into the trunk. They both had the simple logo you speak of on the back. Kinda wish I still had 'em...

I don't wear much of that stuff anymore since being decked out in Harley logos from head to toe became ridiculously overdone. While everybody does that, I want to ride with rice logos or other bike gear logos, just to be contrary...but usually, no logos at all. You wear what you want. I personally dress for comfort and want to ride while being comfortable...probably too much so. The clothes I ride with normally don't offer much protection, either, which could be my undoing one of these days...

Old 04-02-2015, 07:22 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,428 Likes on 4,130 Posts

This is the only one I wear.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

I'd rather have 10 plain black t-shirts than 1 Harley shirt for the same cost.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 AM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL

This is the only one I wear.

That's cool. Where'd ya get it?

Originally Posted by Next In Line
I'd rather have 10 plain black t-shirts than 1 Harley shirt for the same cost.

Yeah, I get that too. Even a simple shirt like the one I'm talking about here ain't gonna be exactly cheap.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 AM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the shirts that specific to a particular Harley dealer -- just like getting shirts from Disneyland, New York, etc, it just shows where you have been. I look for them on the clearance rack

Old 04-02-2015, 08:53 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,758 Likes on 6,199 Posts

I have one like you describe.
H-D does tryout designs all the time. Some only make it to the dumpster. A friend of mine that works there fishes them out and gives them to me.
I'm still waiting for them to do that with a whole bike.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 AM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
I used to have a couple of H-D t-shirts I got at Walmart back in the early 90s for like, $10 a piece. They were Looney Toons t-shirts, one with the Tasmanian Devil on the front, chewing on the front tire of a Harley and the other with Yosemite Sam and Bugs Bunny kicking back under a tree in the background with the B&S logo carved into the trunk. They both had the simple logo you speak of on the back. Kinda wish I still had 'em...

I don't wear much of that stuff anymore since being decked out in Harley logos from head to toe became ridiculously overdone. While everybody does that, I want to ride with rice logos or other bike gear logos, just to be contrary...but usually, no logos at all. You wear what you want. I personally dress for comfort and want to ride while being comfortable...probably too much so. The clothes I ride with normally don't offer much protection, either, which could be my undoing one of these days...

I get what you're saying, HMB. I'm the same way - just dress comfortably and get going. I don't own anything with the HD logo except the bike.

I just want this simple T-shirt for some reason. I probably wouldn't even wear it while out on the bike. The sweatshirt...maybe probably once in a while? We always want what we can't have, right? lol....

Old 04-02-2015, 09:08 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,428 Likes on 4,130 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
That's cool. Where'd ya get it?

http://www.shovelhead.us/

Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 AM
NSR
Road Captain

One hundred ninety nine views and only 7 votes? Vote guys, vote!

AJSHOVEL - thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: Motorclothes Question/Poll