General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider down

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 04:50 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rider down

Very close friend and coworker of mine got hit thursday night while on his way in to work. Truck came flying out of a side street and took him out. Hes currently hospitalized with 2 broken legs, broken pelvis and multiple fractures. Hes the sole provider for his household with his soon to be wife, 5 year old son and one on the way due in June. The doctor told him it'll be atleast 3 months before he can start to try and walk again. He just had 2 surgerys and more on the way. Hes a great guy, loyal and trustworthy. Hes one of those people who light the room up when he walks in. If anyone has some spare change laying around, please donate to this man. If not, please share the link. My boss set up a gofundme acct for him and his family to help him get by until he can get back to work. Thank you guys

http://www.gofundme.com/qx4h92ah9

Thanks again,
Steve

Old 04-05-2015, 09:52 AM
IlDuce
Road Warrior

Thanks for putting it in a better spot

Steve

Old 04-13-2015, 07:02 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior

bump for a down brother

Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,537 Likes on 3,054 Posts

Exact same thing happened to me last year except I was "fortunate" enough to hit the pickup truck and not the other way around. Even then I suffered a concussion, vertigo from broken inner ear, blood on the brain, cracked sternum, bruised heart, broken shoulder, 2 broken ribs, 3 broken metatarsils in the right foot requiring surgery to bolt them back together and 2 hematomas in my backside so I sit on a cushion now (and probably will forever.) The first night in the hospital was in the ICU hooked up ta an 'arterial line' because my heart rate wouldn't stay steady. I'll walk with a limp for the rest of my life.

It sounds like your buddy got it worse than I did. But I have medical insurance and the guy that ran the stop sign had good liabilty insurance so it will all work out financially. I have a desk job so I could get back to work pretty quickly, your buddy probably can't.

In his situation, where does your buddy stand on those fronts?

Last edited by Stiggy; 04-13-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Tell your buddy to lawyer up, sue the **** out of the ***** who hit him....

Old 04-16-2015, 05:49 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Exact same thing happened to me last year except I was "fortunate" enough to hit the pickup truck and not the other way around. Even then I suffered a concussion, vertigo from broken inner ear, blood on the brain, cracked sternum, bruised heart, broken shoulder, 2 broken ribs, 3 broken metatarsils in the right foot requiring surgery to bolt them back together and 2 hematomas in my backside so I sit on a cushion now (and probably will forever.) The first night in the hospital was in the ICU hooked up ta an 'arterial line' because my heart rate wouldn't stay steady. I'll walk with a limp for the rest of my life.

It sounds like your buddy got it worse than I did. But I have medical insurance and the guy that ran the stop sign had good liabilty insurance so it will all work out financially. I have a desk job so I could get back to work pretty quickly, your buddy probably can't.

In his situation, where does your buddy stand on those fronts?
Yikes, sounds painful.. Im lucky my times tha I went down werent bad.. but as for him.. No medical insurance, he had full coverage on his bike (still had a loan on it).. His girlfriend has been trying to handle everything with the insurance. I don't believe they contacted a lawyer yet. but its all in the works. I dont know if the woman had insurance or not.. Down here, its not uncommon for people to not have insurance.

Steve

Old 04-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Always saddened to hear about a downed rider. Your friend needs legal representation, so he goods a good settlement.

Advise him to call Law Tigers motorcycle lawyers at 800-529-8443.

Tell them Geoff sent you.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:49 PM
TheMakani
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sad to hear of this happening.
i agree with the other posters about getting legal advice. if the truck/car is at fault, she should be held responsible

Old 04-16-2015, 08:33 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

$50.00 in my name,hope it helps,all I can do for now. Mike

Old 04-16-2015, 08:47 PM
heybaylor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 72 Posts

sorry for his bad luck

Last edited by heybaylor; 04-17-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Rider down