General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Product Review: Ariat Footbed

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 07:47 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Product Review: Ariat Footbed

Thought I'd let some of you know about a product I had to buy for my new boots, in hopes that it will help someone else.

Recently bought a new pair of Dingo harness boots. Within only a couple of wearings I started having issues with the insoles slipping and causing pain. Seems Dingo used a three piece insole. There is a heel pad, then the front part which overlaps the edge of the heel pad by about a half an inch. Then there is another heel pad that overlaps the front part by a half an inch. So when they came unglued and started moving around, well you can imagine the discomfort caused by all those over-lapping layers bunching up.

Stopped at a Western Wear store on the way home from a PGR mission one day after dealing with the slippage and pain that would occur after only a couple of steps after adjusting them repeatedly. They had several options, but I picked the Ariat Footbed due to it a) was already designed with the wide square toe front., and b) because they come already sized (I got the 9 1/2. So no trimming required.

These footbeds are amazing! The minute I put my foot into the boot, it felt like I was wearing tennis shoes. They're holding up great and it is now a pleasure to walk around in these boots. Even before the insoles started slipping around and coming apart, they weren't that great for walking because there was virtually no padding. Now, it's a walk in the park!!

Here's a picture of them. http://www.langstons.com/ariat-mens-...aign=jellyfish

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by DannyZ71; 04-05-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

I'm always open to suggestions for boot/shoe pads, had plantar fascitis several years ago and need a good arch support, besides liking something more comfortable. These Ariats sound interesting, and cheaper than most. Would you say they have good arch support, or just a little above flat like most of the lower cost ones? I have used comfort pads with an extra arch support, but with two pieces, they tend to slip like the originals in your boots. Thanks for posting the suggestion.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:22 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

I would say so, but what do I know??

To me, they provide good arch support without feeling like I have a tennis ball stuck under my arch. That probably doesn't help you much.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:23 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

And FYI, everyone, there are all kinds of styles, not just for square toe boots.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,786 Likes on 18,560 Posts

I used Ariat Boots for some time ... definitely a quality boot and the insoles are fantastic