General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Financial

Old 04-08-2015, 08:15 PM
ralphcastle007@gmail.com
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Financial

I am a retired military member who is pending VA Disability. My issue is that I have gotten behind on my bike payments while I am pending my VA Compensation; I explained my issues to Harley Financial and Lori in the Military Financing Department stated that now that I wasn't in the military I was not protected. I stated that I had just got out and that I was only falling behind due to the slow VA processing of our disability claims. Due to my PTSD and sleep issues I am pending the Individual Unemployable Status. All I needed was some time until the VA settled with me, but Lori and her supervisor will not hear any of that, they are now trying to repo my bike even after i tried to catch up my payments. Harley Financial won't even let make payments. Harley says they support Veterans, but not according to Lori and her supervisors.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:21 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

You should try these guys, I did fund raiser ride with them last year they seem very good at what they do to help folks in you predicament.

http://www.usacares.org/

Old 04-08-2015, 08:39 PM
ralphcastle007@gmail.com
Stage II

Thanks, I will try them out. I can't believe that Harley won't let me pay the payments.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:55 PM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

That is very unfortunate! I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having after serving our country. I hope you get it all worked out. I think that once a finance company is in the repossession process, it will be hard to keep your bike. Unless you are able to get financing to pay them off. Harley will finance anyone, but if you miss payments they will not work with you. Good luck, and thank you for your service!

Last edited by jtarter; 04-09-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not trying to get to personal but, were you discharged because of PTSD, or did you retire/exit at your normal time. Also, do you have a representative or POA? They may be able to assist in getting the claim completed quicker, especially if you were discharged due to PTSD.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:31 AM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphcastle007@gmail.com
Thanks, I will try them out. I can't believe that Harley won't let me pay the payments.
Over the phone they must get the whole amount, no clue why. Did you try to pay online? Just a thought.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:40 AM
ssgsimon
Intermediate

I am also medically retired from the Army. Waiting on the VA really sucks. You do have a couple of options that might work for you.

1. If you are applying for IU you are stating that you can not work. This should make you eligible for SSDI with Social Security. If you apply under the Wounded Warrior status they will expedite your claim, mine took about 4 weeks from application to payment. and they should backpay you from your Med board start date.

2. Send the repossession letters from Harley, and any other late bills to the VA and ask them to expedite your claim based on financial hardship.

3. Get with your VSO to draft a letter explaining your situation. Then send it to Harley certified mail.

4. Call Harley back and try to talk to someone else, everyone has a boss.

5. You should have a AW2 advocate if you were medically retired. Get with them and ask for AER Army Emergency Relief Fund. They can issue you a one time loan or grant depending on your financial situation. This can usually be paid to you the next business day. The loan is usually interest free.

Thanks for your service.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:33 AM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by ssgsimon
I am also medically retired from the Army. Waiting on the VA really sucks. You do have a couple of options that might work for you.

1. If you are applying for IU you are stating that you can not work. This should make you eligible for SSDI with Social Security. If you apply under the Wounded Warrior status they will expedite your claim, mine took about 4 weeks from application to payment. and they should backpay you from your Med board start date.

2. Send the repossession letters from Harley, and any other late bills to the VA and ask them to expedite your claim based on financial hardship.

3. Get with your VSO to draft a letter explaining your situation. Then send it to Harley certified mail.

4. Call Harley back and try to talk to someone else, everyone has a boss.

5. You should have a AW2 advocate if you were medically retired. Get with them and ask for AER Army Emergency Relief Fund. They can issue you a one time loan or grant depending on your financial situation. This can usually be paid to you the next business day. The loan is usually interest free.

Thanks for your service.
^^^^ Best Advice so far!

Old 04-09-2015, 11:15 AM
ssgsimon
Intermediate

You can also try these organizations. It is worth a shot.

Coalition to Salute America's Heroes provides Emergency Financial Aid to wounded veterans. Emergency relief will cover expenses such as, utility bills — gas, electric, water, cable, internet, and phone service, car payments, new car deposits, car repair costs, and gasoline, mortgage and rent payments, home repairs, groceries, school supplies and clothing, and medical bills and co-payments. For more information, call (914) 432-5400.

Disabled Veteran National Foundation provides financial assistance in the form of a cash grant to disabled veterans. Funds can be used towards costs for housing (i.e., rent or deposit) or associated expenses such as utilities essential to operating the home (i.e., water, electricity, & gas), to purchase essential food items, for travel where permanent or long-term lodging has been secured, to strengthen or expand needed services, or to purchase items to improve living conditions. To learn more about their eligibility criteria, call (202) 737-0522.

Operation First Response provides financial assistance to families of wounded servicemembers. Financial aid is provided for mortgage, rent and utility payments, vehicle payments, groceries, clothing, and transportation to medical facilities. For more information, call (888) 289-0280.

Rebuild Hope is a national organization that provides post 9/11 veterans with service connected disabilities temporary financial assistance in the form of grants and no interst loans. Very specific criteria exists. To learn more visit their website, e-mail dana@rebuildhope.org or call (650) 321-4930.

Semper Fi Fund provides financial aid to Marines and Sailors as well as members of the Army, Air Force and Coast Guard who have served in support of Marine forces in post 9/11 combat. Financial support varies and can include: relief for needs that arise during hospitalization and recovery, such as childcare, travel expenses for families and other necessities; the purchase of adaptive transportation, home modifications and specialized equipment, such as wheelchairs, audio/visual equipment for the blind, and software for traumatic brain injuries; education, job placement and therapeutic programs. To learn more, e-mail info@semperfifund.org.

Veteran Love, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was founded to assist our wounded and disabled service men and women. Via their Veteran Love and Appreciation Fund they provide "emergency" financial support to those veterans who qualify as well as access to professional counselors qualified to help those with PTSD. Visit their website for more information or call (305) 673-2856.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:58 AM
DHR Darren
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing is that ANY financial institution cannot refuse any payment you are trying to make on your account. The BS of them saying it has to be in full or nothing is just that, BULSHIT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley Financial