General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close call

Old 04-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Bohemka
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Close call

Out on the weekend with a mate. Nice 100 mile round trip to break in the legs and butt cheeks back in the saddle. Living in Europe we don't have the wide open roads you guys have. Most of our roads between the villages for both directions of traffic are the size of one lane of your yours.

As it was nice weather and we have some pretty impressive castles near us then all the racers were out, the cyclists, the cars. The road were certainly busy.

About 5 miles from home there is a particularly narrow bendy bit of road with a cliff wall on one side and a river on the other. Ride that road quite a bit so know the passing points.

Cyclists taking up the road wer causing all the traffic to be moving slowly and then it started.....
The car in front of me was full of teenagers who decided to break the boredom by spitting out of the window to see if they could hit me. After half a mile I knew there was a passing point coming up so I could at least get in front of them and sit behind the next car.
Straight comes up, I indicate and pull out to overtake before the bend comes up.....and teh little f*ckers decide to accelerate to close out the space for me to pull in. So I am now committed to taking the car in front as well with a blind bend approaching.....and that is when the oncoming car appeared.
The fact that I am typing this means all was well and nobody was hurt (and I apologise to driver of the oncoming car if his eyes were still hurting as I want aware a humans eyes could go so wide) and no contact was made but it has certainly taken the 9 lives down to 8. Mate who was behind me said it was certainly close.

And all because some dumb *** kids thought it would be funny.

Lesson learnt is just get covered in spit I guess.

Last edited by Bohemka; 04-13-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Kcdcltd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proves idiots are a global phenomena. Glad you are safe!

Old 04-13-2015, 01:50 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Hope this isn't a common practice of teenagers over there, I was planning on visiting at some point.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:14 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

I know now that this is a moot point, but you could have pulled over and
let them go on. That way you could have taken yourself out of the situation.
Anyway, glad you are safe...........