General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wire tucking..

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Chells93
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire tucking..

I recently purchased the 1.5" tank lift, coil/ignition relocate and the "f6" option for the ignition. So I started by putting on the tank lift as it's the quickest it seemed. But now I'm a little nervous to dive into the coil relocate because I want to be able to tuck all the wires up under the tank so it's hidden. Is there any issues I should expect to run into while doing this or has everyone that's done it just pulled it apart and slapped it back together all tucked away with no major issues? I also am debating on removing the tank when I do this.. Is that something that's mandatory to do the wire tuck? Oh, it's on my xl1200v sportster. I'd say I'm smart enough to do this without any major issues I just don't want to get in there and mess something up on my brand new bike lol thanks in advance for any replies and help!!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:52 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Chells93
I recently purchased the 1.5" tank lift, coil/ignition relocate and the "f6" option for the ignition. So I started by putting on the tank lift as it's the quickest it seemed. But now I'm a little nervous to dive into the coil relocate because I want to be able to tuck all the wires up under the tank so it's hidden. Is there any issues I should expect to run into while doing this or has everyone that's done it just pulled it apart and slapped it back together all tucked away with no major issues? I also am debating on removing the tank when I do this.. Is that something that's mandatory to do the wire tuck? Oh, it's on my xl1200v sportster. I'd say I'm smart enough to do this without any major issues I just don't want to get in there and mess something up on my brand new bike lol thanks in advance for any replies and help!!

Hey Chells,

Devin and Kevin(DK) recently did a wire tuck on the 48 project bike. You can see the project bike report at the link below, this may help you out when installing your parts and doing the wire tuck. Hope this helps you out, can't wait to see the bike
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...s-of-pics.html

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 04-15-2015, 04:00 PM
starforbrian
Cruiser

Undo all of the stock bundling and electric tape the wires as flat against the frame as possible. Make sure nothing is snagging or too tight.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:10 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Hey again Chells,

I didn't realize i didn't fully answer your question.

Below is a link to a wire tuck step by step.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...k-no-lift.html

You can also go to you tube and search DK Custom wire tuck.

The wire tuck isn't complicated but, does take time and patience. It is always good to have 1-3 hours depending on how perfect you want it. You do not have to take the tank off but, it is actually better if you don't take it off and just prop it up.

Kelsey

Old 04-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Chells93
Advanced

Well thanks to DK Customs speedy shipping I got to get my add ons installed this weekend! 1.5" tank lift, coil relocate, flex six ignition relocate and wire tuck! It was all pretty easy to do. The wire tuck just took patience and a lot of YouTube videos lol

Old 04-20-2015, 04:15 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

I like their stuff:

www.wirecare.com