General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Bohemka
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and the OL both have Shark Evoline 3.
Check it on Revzilla

Old 04-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Wheels24
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arai Signet-Q...black and white. When I'm flying through the air getting ready to bounce my face off the back of the minivan in front of me I likely won't care if it goes with my Harley...whatever that means... My helmet isn't part of some fashion ensemble...it's a little insurance that I'll see my family again in the event that my head gets bounced off the blacktop by Skippy on his cell phone. There are plenty of solid colored FF helmets from lots of manufacturers if you don't like all the graphics...it would seem that something would match your bike.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:19 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,116 Likes on 2,674 Posts

I have two, a black seven zero seven full face with mirror reflective shield and a new Harley 3/4 with detachable full shield and drop down sun glare. Haven't worn the HD one yet, it's for warmer weather. Plus I want to spray over the he logos on it. I mean does it really need to say HD 4 times on one helmet lol.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:46 AM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grapeapes
I think the Biltwell Gringo is an old school look that was made specifically to go well with HD, instead of sport bikes. They have a new S model with the shield attached like normal.

I have a Licks' 3/4 but was thinking of getting a Gringo as well.

I had a Lick's 3/4 also, and I loved it. Lightweight, comfortable, good looking helmet. I stopped wearing it when I bought my Gringo. The Gringo is just as comfortable, offers a great field of vision, is nice and open, and gives me better protection. The only thing I can't do in the Gringo that I could do in the Lick's is drink water or smoke a cigar while riding.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:28 AM
VGNKNG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biltwell Gringo looks cool, but the field of vision is not great. I wear it around town when I need a full face, but for a serious full face, check out the Nolan N104 Outlaw. Great field of vision and cool matte black finish.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Slowmo
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I wear my full face I wear an Arai Signet Q. It's the only thing I could find that fit my football shaped head and not give me headaches. Mine is white, as someone else posted, the sun here in Houston will bake your head!

Old 04-20-2015, 11:11 AM
HelmetHead
Banned

Badasses never wear a helmet. So do you think you're a Badass? If yes please don't.

Last edited by HelmetHead; 04-20-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Rasconzo
Tourer

I have a small collection...
My favorite helmet is the Daytona 3/4 Open Face. Gloss black to match my bike. I also have a gloss black nonDOT "skid lid" from them for in town riding. Love Daytona's quality and customer service.

Also have a Biltwell Gringo in matte black, matched the old bike. Pretty comfy and you still get some wind on your face. Probably sell it because the new bike is gloss.

Lastly I have a Shoei Qwest full face. It was pricy, but its DOT and SNELL rated. This one was designed for cruiser/upright riding. Use it for LONG highway trips so I don't go deaf from the wind and have the extra protection just in case.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 PM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VGNKNG
Biltwell Gringo looks cool, but the field of vision is not great. I wear it around town when I need a full face, but for a serious full face, check out the Nolan N104 Outlaw. Great field of vision and cool matte black finish.

I've never had an issue with the field of vision on my Gringo. I literally cannot see the edges of the helmet in my peripheral vision. It just goes to show how different head and face shapes determine what helmets work for people and which ones don't. You truly have to find the right helmet for you.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:41 PM
stphardcore
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe... anybody else out there wearing an icon varient on they're hd? Or am I the only one?

Quick Reply: Helmets