General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what would you do? (Purchase related)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
jackalsilva
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Follow the bike

Originally Posted by noraA
If the other dealer has the bike you want, I'd go that route. Or call the dealer you've been waiting patiently with and tell them unless they sweeten the deal, you're going with the other dealer who has it in stock.
I get the desire to be loyal, but if it were me I'd be fine knowing that I went with them first and was patient. That's giving them a shot. Don't cross the line into doing them a favor, you're still a customer!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:22 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
I've never ordered anything. I like to pick thru stock. My a.d.d. won't allow me to wait....lol!

My buddy's bike is late as well. He's not happy either.
His bike is late? Better get an EPT home test

Old 04-23-2015, 11:17 PM
East Coast
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the dealer able to provide you with a VIN number? If they dont have one who knows when the bike is coming.

I was wanting a 2015 CVO StreetGlide in the Hard Candy color after seeing one last year. I sold my 2011 CVO SG and put a deposit down on a Hard Candy CVO SG in 9/14. They gave me a delivery date of late Jan. It was pushed up from Jan to Feb to March, April now "sometime" in May. It's a CVO, I get it but what is taking so long?

I happened to walk into another dealer and stepped in it cause they just took delivery of one after a horse trade for a black one.

Same price, I bought it! Seven months I waited, a week or two is nothing.

If you think the relationship is worth the wait then wait. If not, go buy it at the other dealer after you get your deposit back and confirm the other dealer still has the bike and it hasnt been spoken for in the last 24 hours! Boy that would suck if it was and you walked from the original dealer.

Last edited by East Coast; 04-23-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:17 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Following up on my post. (Thanks all for the comments and suggestions here).

Took a ride late yesterday to the dealer that had the bike in stock after calling the dealer I had the order with and being told the bike had not yet arrived and there was still no solid delivery date. I wound up riding home last night on a new Amber Whiskey\Charcoal Ultra with the 6.5 infotainment system for roughly $100 less than the bike I had on order that had the 4.3 system. It was an offer I could not refuse.

Anyway, had a fantastic experience at the dealer, for reference, Schaffer's HD in PA, and a great ride home. I didn't think the ride could get any better than my 2012, but man, the Rushmore bike is definitely a step above.

I wanted to note as well I have no issues with the dealer I didn't buy from and they have always been great to work with. The real decision here was based on availability, and a savings of right around 1K while getting the "higher end" stereo setup.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
I buy where I can get the best deal. Not interested in dealership friendship.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:56 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rotlex
Here's my dilemma. I've bought my last 3 bikes from the same person\dealer. I like them. Get along with them etc., but frankly, this is starting to frustrate me. (The fact that I can't get any better info). What is causing that is there is another local dealer with the bike I want in stock, although it does have the upgraded\6.5 stereo. I've spoken casually to them and I can probably get that bike for the same deal as the other place.

Thoughts?
The dealer is NOT your friend. Neither is the salesman. I'd go down to the other dealer and if you can get the same bike with an upgraded stereo for the same price, I'd be riding it. Not to mention, that stereo (infotainment system) will increase the resale value.

Happy Motoring!

Old 04-25-2015, 11:29 PM
jimhd89
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad things worked out. Enjoy your great looking ride. Jim.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:00 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

congratulations! pics? we need pics?

Old 04-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rowan
congratulations! pics? we need pics?
LOL, sorry! See the thread below; started a new one with pics earlier over in the rushmore forum.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...d-is-done.html

Old 04-26-2015, 11:35 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by Rotlex
Following up on my post. (Thanks all for the comments and suggestions here).

Took a ride late yesterday to the dealer that had the bike in stock after calling the dealer I had the order with and being told the bike had not yet arrived and there was still no solid delivery date. I wound up riding home last night on a new Amber Whiskey\Charcoal Ultra with the 6.5 infotainment system for roughly $100 less than the bike I had on order that had the 4.3 system. It was an offer I could not refuse.

Anyway, had a fantastic experience at the dealer, for reference, Schaffer's HD in PA, and a great ride home. I didn't think the ride could get any better than my 2012, but man, the Rushmore bike is definitely a step above.

I wanted to note as well I have no issues with the dealer I didn't buy from and they have always been great to work with. The real decision here was based on availability, and a savings of right around 1K while getting the "higher end" stereo setup.
To me, the bottom line is that you got the bike that you wanted and that's cool in my book, congrats.

Quick Reply: So what would you do? (Purchase related)