General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley knock offs/boots

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 08:03 AM
cbump
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
Why do you keep calling them "knock offs" if they're not Harley branded?

Harley doesn't actually make the boots, they purchase boots from various other brands (many which are made in China or Malaysia or some over-seas place)...and simply re-label them with their own logo, and double the price for that.

So Harley's boots are actually the "knock-offs". Made by someone else but disguised under the pricey Harley logo and name stamped on it.

There are soooo many excellent quality boots, made in the USA...for less money yet much better quality than H-D branded boots.
Chippewa
Double H
Carolina
Wolverine
Justine
some RedWings
I'll probably end up with one of these brands in the future (have always worn redwing for work) it's just hard to find some in these brands that look good without looking like I'm wearing cowboy boots.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:07 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,119 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by cbump
I'll probably end up with one of these brands in the future (have always worn redwing for work) it's just hard to find some in these brands that look good without looking like I'm wearing cowboy boots.
Most of them make good looking work boots like 6 or 7 or 8" ones...that aren't engineer or cowboy or some other type of pull strap boot. If pull ons ain't your style...lots of other styles. I like simple 6" ones myself.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:55 PM
joe-yamma
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wolverine is the parent company and they make the Harley-branded boots.
A lot of the Harley-branded boots are the same as Bates models, with are also under Wolverine.

I liked the Harley Tyson boot, which is the same as the Bates Talimena. I got the Bates on Amazon for a lot less $$$ than the Harley-branded version.

Long story short ---> Look at Bates and Wolverine to find exactly the same boots but with the Harley logos and price tag.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 PM
GunnerB
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Bates-Mens-Ormond-Motorcycle-Boot/dp/B006H1T3M2

I run these, pretty sure Bates makes them for HD under the "Ranger" name.

Great boots, easy on off and comfy, at a reasonable price. They do have a high heel so if you dont like that I wouldn't recommend them.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:04 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayakguy
I know that some of Harleys boots are made by Wolverine. I am not sure those particular ones are, but you might check and see if wolverines has the same boot in a non Harley branded version.

I have a pair of harley boots that are made by wolverine. They are friggin awesome. Best boots ive had in the last 20 years of riding. Never thought i would own a pair of boots that fit so well. The boots made by wolverine are also waterproof!

Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you like the Harness boots, get the real deal. Dingo boots. Can be found at just about any western wear store so you can try them on and get a feel for them. While you're at it, get a pair of Ariat Footbed insoles. The ones that fit the Dingos the best are the wide square toe ones in the same size as the boots you pick out. The regular insoles suck, so yank them and their three piece heal pads out and slip in the Ariats. Makes them feel like tennis shoes!!
Examples:
http://www.bootbarn.com/null/root,de...1&prefv1=Dingo

http://www.ariat.com/FOOTBEDS_M_ACC....RE_TOE#start=1

Old 05-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Defender.
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the links, and i do like the looks of those dingos

Old 05-24-2015, 04:14 PM
wxmcpo
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnerB

http://www.amazon.com/Bates-Mens-Ormond-Motorcycle-Boot/dp/B006H1T3M2

I run these, pretty sure Bates makes them for HD under the "Ranger" name.

Great boots, easy on off and comfy, at a reasonable price. They do have a high heel so if you dont like that I wouldn't recommend them.
Right now you can get these on Amazon for $97.25 with free shipping and 20% discount.

I am thinking about going with these though;

With free shipping and 20% discount these are $74.28 to Hawaii. We never get free shipping on anything out here.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Randy Mac
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought a pair of the Bates Ormonds, not bad for the price. They are nice and light, sturdy enough if I decide to tramp in the woods. I actually looked for the higher heels, after 40 years of White's and Wesco boots, flat heels on boots feel odd.
The tongues squeaked horribly, sprayed a bit of silicon to make them quieter.
I'm getting a touch lazy, I like the zippers.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:08 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

A lot of companies make harness boots. Personally I'd get some Double H ones if that was the style of boot I wanted. I used to wear them back in the 80s, but now I'm wearing Bates engineer boots and love them.

Quick Reply: Harley knock offs/boots