General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoei J-Cruise & Headset

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 07:02 PM
gnewman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shoei J-Cruise & Headset

Been googling and not finding much information. Searched the forums as well.

I am looking at buying/trying the Shoei J-Cruise 3/4 helmet and have a few questions.

For those that have it, is the size true to the sizing chart I'm seeing at Revzilla? 24" says I need a large. Typically my coconut needs an XXL in other brands.

My big concern is intercom/cb. I use an IMC Motorcom headset/boom with my half helmet. Will an IMC Headset/boom work with this helmet? I know I'd have to buy a different set but don't want to buy a helmet that I can't get a headset to work in.

If you do use this helmet, please give your feedback.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Jzl0gl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey neighbor,

My wife and I both just bought J-Cruise helmets and so far, so good. On the size question, my HJC-33 was a XXL, got a XL in the Shoei and fits well. RideNow in concord has these in stock so you can try for sizing.

On the headset question, we use the HD headsets that came with the bike and my very astute wife got everything to fit. Was about to buy the iMC set which I think has slightly smaller speakers so should be ok. Good luck

Old 05-24-2015, 07:59 PM
gnewman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jzl0gl
Hey neighbor,

My wife and I both just bought J-Cruise helmets and so far, so good. On the size question, my HJC-33 was a XXL, got a XL in the Shoei and fits well. RideNow in concord has these in stock so you can try for sizing.

On the headset question, we use the HD headsets that came with the bike and my very astute wife got everything to fit. Was about to buy the iMC set which I think has slightly smaller speakers so should be ok. Good luck
That's good to know. I stopped at cycle gear this morning and they don't sell much of anything in the store besides their Bilt brand.

I'm happy to hear that the headset will work. Might just ride up to Ride Now this week and try them on. Thanks!

Old 05-25-2015, 05:14 AM
shadowchrome
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The sizing is accurate with their chart but you will likely be in a smaller size than some other brands. The speaker pocket is rather small and oval shaped in this helmet. I have a J&M headset in mine. They make a model that is supposed to fit but the audio quality suffers. I went with their elite series and modified the speaker pockets in the helmet with a die grinder to allow them to fit.