General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full dresser

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Full dresser

Just curious how old were you when you bought your first full dresser (tour pack and all). I've generally been opposed I'm 27 and my wife is 37. She doesn't complain much but sat on an ultra and loved it.

We do a lot of riding and touring together.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Old 05-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Who Dey
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want her to keep riding with you put her on a comfortable bike like an Ultra. All younger guys dont like baggers and I was the same way, but I guarantee you once you own one you'll never want to ride anything else. Baggers are the ****!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:17 AM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Age has nothing to do with it,, it's what an individual or couple want to do and how they want to enjoy their ride.
I don't have a regular partner/wife,, but I get a fender bunny from time to time and don't get any complaints about the Dyna.
If I where to partner up again I'd prefer she be the type that want's her own ride instead of always two-up.
Flip the coin,, a buddy of mine just traded his sporty in and got an Ultra,, his wife is Happy-Happy.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

If you care about her comfort and happiness, get the Ultra. Or if you don't care, keep or get something you like. Tell her if she doesn't like it, she can take a hike!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

If you really cared about her comfort and happiness, she would have her own bike to ride.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Wandering Nomad
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone who just recently upgraded to an Ultra I have to agree, it rides and handles much better than I thought it would. It is very agile as well as comfortable.
BTW-We have both, the Ultra for two up riding and she has her own for most riding trips.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:33 AM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
Just curious how old were you when you bought your first full dresser (tour pack and all). I've generally been opposed I'm 27 and my wife is 37. She doesn't complain much but sat on an ultra and loved it.

We do a lot of riding and touring together.
What do you ride now? What about a Road King? It's more middle of the road, and you can load it up with a touring pack for trips, or strip it down for around town.

Ultras are nice, but I don't see myself on one anytime soon. For what it's worth, my wife sat on an Ultra and loved it as well. But she didn't love the payment that came with it.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I was 29 when I bought my SG. Almost got a Limited instead. I mostly ride solo and had a sporty and a softail before...the bagger is the king of Harley's lineup for a reason, its the best bike they make and they spend a lot on R&D to make it the best bike in their lineup.

Make the wife happy and get a bagger. You'll find yourself happier as well.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:06 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Ultra Limited, 4 speaker stereo, cruise control, heated grips, best riding in the rain protection, lots of storage space for coolers, thermos, extra jackets, and don't forget the old ladies big *** purse. That about sums it up.

Quick Reply: Full dresser