General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ChopperBob?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:45 AM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Default ChopperBob?????

Anyone on here ever bought any parts from a guy using CHOPPERBOB as his user name? Bought a speedometer from him through this forum, paid him within minutes through PAyPal, and haven't received it almost a MONTH later???? He gave me a run around answer a while back about it being returned to sender and he would "ship it out that evening"...that was 8 days ago?? Anyone with any info on this guy?

Thanks..

Old 05-28-2015, 06:53 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

HDF recommends not comming out on here and dissing a member..
First contact a Mod...Preferable Terry himself.Let him see if he can take care of the issue.
If not there is a chance that he will deal with it in a respectable way...
If all else fails then you can start a thread in the Good/Bad Seller section at the bottom of the Classifieds...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/good-...ces-at-hdf-92/
Good Luck...
Terry's Link...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...llkiller-.html

Last edited by riteway; 05-28-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:06 AM
lowend73
Tourer

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

If you used the normal Paypal and not friends and family option, then you are covered to get your money back. Friends and Family is no bueno when buying stuff unless the seller is a good person.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

yep... he requested that it had to be friends and family to avoid the fees...... smelling a little like haddock left on the dock..........

Originally Posted by riteway
HDF recommends not comming out on here and dissing a member..
First contact a Mod...Preferable Terry himself.Let him see if he can take care of the issue.
If not there is a chance that he will deal with it in a respectable way...
If all else fails then you can start a thread in the Good/Bad Seller section at the bottom of the Classifieds...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/good-...ces-at-hdf-92/
Good Luck...
Terry's Link...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...llkiller-.html

I hear what you are saying and if you read my post, I didn't "dis" anyone..... I merely asked a question trying to obtain info and stated facts..... I have bought and sold hundreds of bike parts on line over the years and have never run into a problem like this..... thanks for the link...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-28-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:20 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
yep... he requested that it had to be friends and family to avoid the fees...... smelling a little like haddock left on the dock..........
I know everyone wants this done but the forum does warn against it. I only do it if I feel I can afford to lose the money. Know it doesn't help you but hopefully it helps the next guy.
Hope it works out for you.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:27 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

Thought I would give you all an update on this guy.....after him telling me he shipped the speedo three times, I finally got one, however it's not within a row of A holes for the right bike.... Chopper Bob told me he had one directly out of an '03 Roadking that he replaced with a Dakota Digital one... the one I received isn't even close to the same connectors/harness... I have never had an experience like this with anyone on this forum ever... this sucks... I see he's still posting parts on here...can't imagine why you would let him....

Old 06-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

I don't care if you're a member or not, ship in a responsible time. That's BS the OP has to wait like that. PayPal is good for end result but seller needs to step up to the plate and stop being a dick.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Thought I would give you all an update on this guy.....after him telling me he shipped the speedo three times, I finally got one, however it's not within a row of A holes for the right bike.... Chopper Bob told me he had one directly out of an '03 Roadking that he replaced with a Dakota Digital one... the one I received isn't even close to the same connectors/harness... I have never had an experience like this with anyone on this forum ever... this sucks... I see he's still posting parts on here...can't imagine why you would let him....

File a complaint, screw him. I didn't read all the way thu the thread, just caught your latest post.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:05 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

So what did Terry say?????? I know for a FACT he doesnt take this kind of CRAP lightly...
What gives????????

Old 06-20-2015, 09:12 AM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

Update on this.... "CHOOPERBOB" guy

Now he won't answer any of my messages about what he wants to do with this speedo that isn't the right one.... looks like it was a complete rip off..... so, my initial "beware" advice seems pretty accurate on this guy... Hope this keeps someone else from the same fate with this guy..

Oh... and I sent this info to the Terry that was suggested by another member and never heard anything from him in return......