General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GO-PRO mounts. LET'S SEE THEM

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Tyrel M. Hanson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default GO-PRO mounts. LET'S SEE THEM

Alright, I am looking into getting a go-pro mount that will work nicely on my 2007 SG. I have seen this one on e-Bay and have wondered if anyone else has it or if y'all have tried anything different for your go-pro's such as handlebar clamp type mounts? I'm basically asking what works for everyone else and if it's worth the money, or if I should look at something different to use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271362435764...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 05-28-2015, 04:58 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u watch the video that guy posts....that mount is no good there is too much vibration. by far the best mount for no vibration is the hogtag collar. i have that one and i also have the rammount. the hogtag collar goes on the uper leg (only down side id you have to use a remote to start and stop the camera0. hogtag also sells a rally package that replaces the battery with a usb that plugs into a car charger so the battery is eliminated.

i have the ram mount on my inner fairing and it sticks up just about where that mount you pictured is. there is much less vibration over the little metal peice you showed but not nearly as good as the hogtag collar. i like the ram mount because i can start and stop the gopro while riding by hitting the button

sorry but i dont have any pics

Old 05-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Tyrel M. Hanson
Road Captain

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
did u watch the video that guy posts....that mount is no good there is too much vibration. by far the best mount for no vibration is the hogtag collar. i have that one and i also have the rammount. the hogtag collar goes on the uper leg (only down side id you have to use a remote to start and stop the camera0. hogtag also sells a rally package that replaces the battery with a usb that plugs into a car charger so the battery is eliminated.

i have the ram mount on my inner fairing and it sticks up just about where that mount you pictured is. there is much less vibration over the little metal peice you showed but not nearly as good as the hogtag collar. i like the ram mount because i can start and stop the gopro while riding by hitting the button

sorry but i dont have any pics
I guess I haven't seen them, I'll have to look. I haven't seen the hog collar ones, I just know that it worries me a little with putting it on the handlebar because it doesn't seem that it would be able to see over the fairing. I'll check them out. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:08 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

neither go on the handlebar, the hogtag collar goes on the front forks . what kind of bike are you mounting to???

Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Tyrel M. Hanson
Road Captain

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
neither go on the handlebar, the hogtag collar goes on the front forks . what kind of bike are you mounting to???
I am mounting to a 2007 SG. I have the RAM handlebar mount for cell/GPS. I will just buy the Go-Pro attachment from RAM and see how well the video is on that from the handlebar, will also look into hog collar one.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:56 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

i elected not to do the handlebar mount because of the vibration. ram sells an adhesive disc with the 1" ball that you can stick to the top of the inner fairing. the base is flexible so it will conform to the curvature of the fairing.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM
thirt8spl
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 on the HogTag Collar for vibration free riding. Mark is really great to work with and even noticed I had some vibration and gave me tips to remedy the situation. Here is a vid with the HogTag.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:16 PM
portlandron
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is to mount it as close to eye level as you can.

Had mine mounted under the headlight got some good picture but if the road has guard rails that's all you will get. If it's mounted closer to eye level then you get what you are seeing.

Last edited by portlandron; 08-06-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 AM
wxmcpo
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

This was on my old bike, but shows a video I took using my Go Pro. I had it mounted on the side of my helmet. The only difference I would do in the next video is swing the camera out a little wider to show less of the side of my helmet.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:44 AM
harleync
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

https://vimeo.com/128617430#t=0s
Check out this video....I use ram mounts...mounted on clutch handle bar side, left side of crash bar and on the luggage rack with a tether. Use something to protect the chrome when you use the ram mounts ( Velcro, electrical tape etc) don't use Gopro mounts on the bike, they will break.
We also use a selfie stick....when using ram mounts use the smallest arm for the camera (1 1/2 inch arm) longer the arm the more moment you will have in the video..if you watch the video on something bigger than a Mobil device you can see the mounts in the video....next thing is good editing software and a computer that can run it...editing soft ware uses a lot of ram..
I am pretty new at this...best thing is to practice....I did a lot of dumb videos before I used it on the bike....playing ping pong, time lapse of it snowing, playing pool etc...
Most of my videos will have a lot of edits and a whole lot of diff camera angles. It all depends on what you are trying to do..and watch a lot of motorcycle videos to give you and idea of what you would like to do with the Gopro.

Last edited by harleync; 05-29-2015 at 04:20 AM.

Quick Reply: GO-PRO mounts. LET'S SEE THEM