General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Biker Uniform?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 10:20 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Think they are part of the "Hipsters" movement. Did they have beards but short hair? Guess you probably couldn't see their hair but maybe 3/4 helmets too?
HEY! Wait just a damn minute. I have a beard and short hair and AM NOT a hipster. But then I have no idea how long my hair would be if it would just grow.

Last edited by perki48; 06-29-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Unbalanced Bob
Well, styles change. I remember the early 1980s when I would toss my denim jacket under my FXEF at night to collect the oil drips. These damn new ones don't leak! What's a guy supposed to do?
I remember a guy I worked with chewing out his ol'lady for washing his Levi's. He said they were "supposed" to be able to stand in the corner on their own.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:26 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
HEY! Wait just a damn minute. I have a beard and short hair and AM NOT a hipster. But then I have know idea how long my hair would be if it would just grow.
I got a couple brushes you could probably get a good weave out of if it would help

Old 06-29-2015, 10:30 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I got a couple brushes you could probably get a good weave out of if it would help
Been so many years I wouldn't know what to do with it.......thanks anyway

Old 06-29-2015, 10:53 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

HEY! Wait just a damn minute. I have a beard and short hair and AM NOT a hipster. But then I have no idea how long my hair would be if it would just grow.

LMAO!
Don't feel bad....I ain't had hair on my head for about 21 years!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:03 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AlanT
Sounds like some kind of weird UFO cult to me...
Thank you!! That gave me a great laugh!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:54 PM
HeadoftheBeast
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I had never seen it before living in the south, but now that I am living in the northwest it is pretty common. Seems to be a west coast thing with the younger generation, including a lot of 1%ers. I never used to ride in shorts, but now living up here there are times that I can't bare to ride in long pants due to the dry heat (100+ days). The tall socks make a difference when out in the sun and it's nice to have that buffer if you **** up and tap the engine or your pipes with your leg.

On a side note, I remember seeing an interview with Sonny Barger a while back about his movie "Dead in 5 Heart Beats". When asked about the clothing style, he basically said that it was something they went rounds with the director and movie guys that weren't apart of this scene on. The movie guys wanted to have the guys decked out in jeans and chaps and **** and Sonny said something along the lines of 'That isn't what bikers where these days. Back in the old days that was pretty common, but now the typical biker in this area is wearing a t-shirt, work shorts, socks pulled high, and a pair of converse or skate shoes'. I think he was pretty much dead on.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
I'm an old guy riding a blacked out dyna wearing skate broad shoes for grip & a full face for protection.
Got a pair of black ventilated moto riding pants for the heat. No way I'm wearing any kind of shorts on the bike.
Your broad shoes.... high heel stilettos?

My buddy totalled his brand new Road Glide a few weeks ago. He had Chuck Taylors on. His big toe looked like a plumb, swollen and purple, I swear it had a heart beat like the old Tom and Jerry cartoons. I'll stick to my steel toes thanks.

I have a buddy who dresses like the OP described. He bounces between styles all the time. Full sleeve tattoos. Only tattooed where they can be seen. Acts like he is hardcore, meanwhile he's more worried about how clean and organized his house is. Drives his girlfriend nuts, because she doesn't keep everything to his standards. He emulates anything he sees on tv, in movies, or magazines. He's almost 40. It's like he's constantly looking for some sort of acceptance from everyone. Sad really. I'm a jeans, black tee, and boots guy. He was riding his chopper home from a bike night and sucked his white bandana out of his back pocket and into the sprotor. I was cutting that thing out with my knife explaining how he had the cleanest brakes ever. He wears those big white framed glasses too. LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!

Old 06-30-2015, 01:34 AM
Krustee
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Short hair (Bald) and beard? Why didn't somebody tell me I'm a hipster? Can I go hang out in clubs again?

Dan

Old 06-30-2015, 04:49 AM
user 62642348
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Biker Uniform?

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
Like this??

That's a common enough look for young men here in urban/suburban southern Ontario. I've never seen anyone riding a motorcycle dressed like that, though.

Quick Reply: New Biker Uniform?