General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Biker Uniform?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Max Overdrive
Cruiser

Received 172 Likes on 57 Posts
Default New Biker Uniform?

I've been riding Harleys since 1976 and over the years, generally wear jeans, boots, t-shirt or leather jacket. Don't get black t-shirts anymore because it's too hot around here.

Anyway, today I see two guys riding identical club style bikes, satin black Street Bobs, T bars, etc. No big deal but what was funny was they were dressed identical was well, black sneakers, sparkling clean white socks pulled up to their knees, long kacki shorts down to theirs knees, white long sleeve t-shirts and brand new leather vests. No patches on their "cuts" though.

Maybe they were actually twins?

Is this the new "look"? I don't go to runs any more nor do I go to biker hang outs. I have never seen an episode of SOA. Is it some sort of modified "flat biller" outfit? Maybe a California thing? I'm very un-hip so I have no idea what is cool anymore. Part of getting old I guess but I'm fine with it. Should have snapped a picture but I wasn't quick enough (I was stopped at a red light and they were riding by).

Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Been the look in CA for a long time as far as I know.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:38 PM
DezertDawg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

My son is 36 and rides a 32" big wheel RG and a Dyna. That is the same way he dresses when he rides, minus the vest. He is not affiliated with any clubs nor are any of his riding buddies.

I've never really thought about asking why they dress like that. I figure it's their style, they aren't a**holes or trouble makers.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Max Overdrive
Cruiser

Received 172 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MWC2014FLHXS
My son is 36 and rides a 32" big wheel RG and a Dyna. That is the same way he dresses when he rides, minus the vest. He is not affiliated with any clubs nor are any of his riding buddies.

I've never really thought about asking why they dress like that. I figure it's their style, they aren't a**holes or trouble makers.
Yeah, I'm not really passing judgment on them (okay, maybe a little ), just thought it was funny that they were wearing the exact same outfit. Reminded me of Danny Devito and Arnold in "Twins".

Does your son dress like that when he isn't riding?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:43 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

That's not from SOA, there was a show also based in Cali called the Devils ride, it was supposedly reality about a club call laughing Devils. Anyway, they wore what your describing.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:57 PM
DezertDawg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Overdrive
Yeah, I'm not really passing judgment on them (okay, maybe a little ), just thought it was funny that they were wearing the exact same outfit. Reminded me of Danny Devito and Arnold in "Twins".

Does your son dress like that when he isn't riding?
Yeah, somewhat. He's completely tatted and he doesn't want the sun on his tat's when wearing shorts.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:12 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Think they are part of the "Hipsters" movement. Did they have beards but short hair? Guess you probably couldn't see their hair but maybe 3/4 helmets too?

The following users liked this post:
Antonio Balls (06-19-2016)
Old 06-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Huskers
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

The club style guys here that I have seen like to have the black Dyna, with fairing and apes. Dressed with Vans shoes, jeans rolled up at the bottom, T Shirt that is usually solid white, black gloves and black full face helmet with jet black or mirrored shield. It looks kind of goofy.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:23 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Must be a California thing. They don't dress like that down here in Louisiana. Well maybe some of the some bike riders do, but I rarely even see them dressing like that.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:09 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,877 Likes on 8,237 Posts

Something to do with the latest Supreme Court ruling, maybe?

Quick Reply: New Biker Uniform?