General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTools – Sharing the Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:06 PM
StreetTools
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HogTools – Sharing the Experience

HogTools is a free mobile app for iPhone and Android devices that tracks your ride. Then, it creates a slideshow of your ride, complete with tracks and photos that you can watch and share.

I tracked our ride around Sturgis last year if you want to check it out: http://www.hogtools.com/hogtoolsweb/...cfe&entry=cdf3

HogTools is Free in the iPhone app store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hog-...899634391?mt=8)

and the Android store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ource%3Dna_Med).

• Download the app
• Turn it on
• Ride around
• Take lots of pictures, and
• Hit the Share button to Share your ride with others

Please email support@hogtools.com with both positive and negative feedback. We’re trying to improve this app when were not out testing it ourselves. The Android version is pretty new for us and we expect a few more issues so we appreciate letting us know where it works or doesn’t work.

Additionally, I appreciate the folks at HD Forums for allowing me to share this message with you guys.

Have a safe riding season.

Dave Black
dave.black@hogtools.com

The following users liked this post:
MacTarnahan (03-11-2017)
Old 07-21-2015, 07:28 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

That's terrific. Gonna use it going from PA out to Sturgis. Question, Can I select which photos in my phone that I want in the video. Cause I know there will be a bunch of BS photos I wouldnt want in there. Thanks

Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 PM
StreetTools
Former Sponsor

Good question Dan. You can take a bunch of photos through the app then delete the ones you don't want in the final video (swipe left on the photo list to delete them). Even when they are deleted from the ride - they will remain in your phone's photo list but just not linked to your ride.

If you see someone roaming around Sturgis with a HogTools t-shirt on tell them you want one. We're having a few made and taking them with us.

Thanks!

Last edited by StreetTools; 07-22-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 PM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I downloaded it yesterday to my Samsung Note 2 Android phone and tried it out. Nice recording but there are problems.

1. Problem with the camera. Out of 10 tries to take photos, it only worked once.

2. When playing it back later that night all it did was trace the route and show that one photo. Made for a very short video!

3. I don't understand the tracking off list. It's a list of 'near' addresses. What use is that? I was expecting each bar to take me to that point on the route. It doesn't do anything. So if I wanted to re-ride this route at a later date, there's no usable info to enter into a GPS or to even follow on this app.

4. Every time I replay this route, there's an audio file. Some cool tunes but is there a way to choose my own?

5. The app will stop working after 2-3 screens.

6. If all this is IE's, please point me to more thorough directions!

I'll also send this to your support email but since you're advertising here thought other would like to hear of problems. I really do like the idea of this app and hope I can get it to work as advertised.

Last edited by DeeRides; 07-23-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there any advertising within the app?

Old 07-23-2015, 03:00 PM
StreetTools
Former Sponsor

There is no advertising in this app.

Dee,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues with the Note 2. We've tested on several Android devices but there is a huge combination of hardware and OS versions.

I'll discuss with the Android developer and see if we can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Dave Black

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-14-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:31 PM
UltraMan14
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just downloaded app on my Iphone. Will try on my next ride.

The following users liked this post:
StreetTools (05-26-2016)
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 PM
HawgRider768
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I downloaded & used last weekend. Very cool way to track the rides!!!!

Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 PM
rhinotheking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Downloaded the app on Friday to use it on Saturday. All seemed pretty simple. I like the idea of the app, and the ability to share direct to Facebook.
Here's the problem, nothing worked. I hit RECORD button in the morning, took 6-8 pictures through the day, and hit stop when I got home. No route was recorded, and none of the pictures were saved(in the app, or on my phones camera roll). Just the title i put in and that's it. Disappointed mainly about the pics that are just gone, they were good. Should've at least saved to the camera roll on the phone right?
iPhone 5S.
Suggestions?

I hope you can get these issues ironed out Hog Tools, because I'm sure the app will be great when it works.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 AM
StreetTools
Former Sponsor

If the app didn't track or save photos, it likely didn't have permissions. You should have been prompted to allow the app to access your location and photos on your initial use. Please scroll down under the iPhone's Settings screen and select HogTools - then make sure Location, Photos and Camera are all on. Only other thing is each photo needs to be Accepted after it's taken or it doesn't get saved.

HogTools was developed on that same iPhone so everything should work great for you.

Please do not hesitate to email me directly at Dave.Black@HogTools.com if problems persist.

Thanks

Dave Black

Quick Reply: HogTools – Sharing the Experience