General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current Black Hills Road Construction

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:50 PM
dgb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Black Hills Road Construction

We will be leaving for the rally in 4 days. I am wondering what road construction is currently happening in the Black Hills. I know that Lead/Deadwood was tore up, but not sure what the current conditions are. For anyone already there, please post the current construction zones. thanks

Old 07-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

This website has updated construction info

http://www.safetravelusa.com/sd/

Old 07-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Huskers
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
This website has updated construction info

http://www.safetravelusa.com/sd/
That is accurate as of today.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:29 PM
banddirector
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

The guy I stay with says local government insists all construction is either finished by or suspended during the week of the rally

Old 07-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by dgb
We will be leaving for the rally in 4 days. I am wondering what road construction is currently happening in the Black Hills. I know that Lead/Deadwood was tore up, but not sure what the current conditions are. For anyone already there, please post the current construction zones. thanks
Just got back today.

1) I90- between Sioux Falls and Rapid there's an area where-as the east bound lane is closed so you have two way traffic for a few miles but no big deal. I think it was between Chamberlin and Mitchell.

2) Rapid City- Canyon Lake Blvd (turns into Rim Rock Highway) is torn up at Jackson Blvd. Kind of screwy so be careful.

3) Sturgis- no road construction however on 14A to Deadwood they've added two temp. stop signs to slow everyone down.

4) Deadwood- Hwy 85 just north of downtown is torn up but they are supposed to have temp asphalt down by Wednesday so there should be no problems.

5) Hwy 385- They've added some various temp. stop lights. I believe I counted 3 from Deadwood to Needles Hwy.

6) Badlands loop- on the East end there is a temp. road in place due to an issue with the main road. It's one lane and gravel but only about 25 years of gravel. Be ready though for a wait since it's probably 1/4 mile of one lane with a flag man.

That's about all I can recall from the week I was there.

Also, I've never seen some many vendors set up this early and there's no doubt there are more bikes coming in today than I've recall in the past this early.

Last edited by Bluraven; 07-27-2015 at 11:29 PM.