General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of the survey crap !!!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:55 AM
Slim Chris
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of the survey crap !!!

I just purchased a 2015 Softail Slim. I love the bike. I have no other issues with the dealer but one. I got 2 calls and one reminder to give them excellent marks on the survey. LOL I hate the fact that they try to tell you to give them perfect marks. Funny thing is other than them bugging me about the survey everything else was perfect !!!

Old 07-30-2015, 02:33 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 555 Likes on 307 Posts

If you financed the bike through Harley using the dealer, give them a poor score and let them know the interest rate sucked no matter how low it is.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Give them a poor score across the board just because they bothered you about the survey.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:07 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

The survey is one of the tools the moco uses to keep an eye on their franchise's. The top 6 earn a platinum bar & shield rating. The dealership I bought my bike from sucked and I rated them accordingly.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:23 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

My dealer is a good one and they only mentioned once about the survey when I bought the HDLUX. They didn't ask me rate them good, but just to fill it out. I did rate them well as they have been good to me. When I go in with an issue, I remind them of the great rating I gave them.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:26 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 600 Likes on 351 Posts

i don't fill out any surveys. they all go in the trash.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Sw1
Road Captain
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Auto Manufacturers have been doing this crap for a long time. If I take the time to fill out the survey, I will do so honestly. If you did a good job I will say so, and if you suck I will say that also. Otherwise what is the point? When I bought mine they told me I would get one and explained to me that is was important to them that I fill it out. They did say that if for any reason I could not give them a good rating to call them first to fix it. I was ok with that, and they never bothered me again. But if they did to me what they did to you, I would put that in the survey and make damn sure I checked the box to let the dealer know.
I sure aint scared of them, and if they dont like it I have 4 others close enough.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

I've worked at a couple auto dealers, and I assume Harley dealers are the same.

Manufacturers figured out a long time ago that the happier the customer is with the dealer, the more likely they'll come back and spend more money at that dealer. The manufacturers use the customer satisfaction surveys as a way to track the job the dealership is doing. High scores=bonus money for dealers. Bonus money for dealers=bonus money for the employees. That's why there so insistant on you filling out the survey.

The way it worked at the dealers I was at was the highest mark was considered perfect, anything less than that was basically zero. The bonus money I made from having good surveys was almost half my monthly income.

My point is those surveys are really important financially to the dealership, and the employee you fill it out for.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I've gotten 3 e-surveys and did the first one and deleted the others. What's the point of doing it more than once?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:30 AM
Daninjax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had more issue with this with the local Chevy dealership than my HD dealer. Just bought the new '15 Colorado 2 months ago and kept getting texts and emails from the salesman inquiring about the survey finally had to tell him to knock it off. My HD salesman on the other hand simply followed up with a text....once...and said if I need anything to contact him. Best vehicular buying experience I've ever had.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sick of the survey crap !!!