General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailers. Bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:00 AM
NightHunter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trailers. Bikes.

Starting to see the bikes / trailers trickling thru now
Which is OK but what gets me is the off ramps are full of guys unloading there bikes 10 miles outside of the big show. Haa haa. Makes me smile seeing that.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:08 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by NightHunter
Starting to see the bikes / trailers trickling thru now
Which is OK but what gets me is the off ramps are full of guys unloading there bikes 10 miles outside of the big show. Haa haa. Makes me smile seeing that.
If you're going to trailer, at least move the drop off point closer to the "show." Why ride 10 miles into town, when you can ride 5, or 3 or 1?

Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
If you're going to trailer, at least move the drop off point closer to the "show." Why ride 10 miles into town, when you can ride 5, or 3 or 1?
And when you get there, act all tired and stiff, like you rode the whole way. Nah...me just getting there would be a monumental feat for me...trailer or car but mostly on a bike.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-31-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:56 AM
bigwave916
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Last time I went to Sturgis I was amazed at all the trailers parked everywhere, but what really took the cake was when I went to wash my bike at hose and bucket area provided by the hotel and had to wait on this self centered **** wipe to wash his dually pick up, his trailer, and two motorcycles.....and he blow dried every one of his vehicles with a leaf blower. When he parked his rig and dropped the door/ramp of the trailer down he had the front of the truck sticking out into one aisle and the trailer door sticking out into another. Then he took up two parking spaces next to him to set up a canopy to park his bikes under.

The bikes looked brand new and were nothing special, but man this guy thought he was hot s#!+.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
thephatboy2003
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only went once so far, and when I did, I only had a week. We live in NJ. My buddy had several weeks so he and his wife decided to trailer down, Begged us to go. Ended up that he trailered both our bikes down, We flew in, Rented a cabin at Recreational springs, bout 25 miles from Sturgis, (just down from Spearfish Canyon) We ended up doing 1000 miles of riding that week and had a great time. Would and will do it again in a heartbeat. I do alot of 2up riding with the wife, have 4 kids so alot of times we'll trailer the bike and ride when we get to our destination. Sure some think that means i'm not a real biker. Oh well.....I even wear shorts a tank top and sneakers sometimes.... Along with the Leather Jacket, jeans and Black boots. Hey, whatever floats your boat, as long as you enjoy riding......Thats all that really counts to me.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:46 AM
r1cochet
Tourer
Received 203 Likes on 86 Posts

I want to know: When you're riding to the big show, or riding home from the big show, are you supposed to wave to the guys pulling trailers with bikes on them?

Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,772 Likes on 6,206 Posts

The real "hardcores" unload in Wall...that way, there are more bugs stuck to the bike for a more "authentic" appearance. But most park just far enough away to mess up their hair.

A buddy that rode with me one year refused to wash his windshield the whole week. He wanted everyone to know he rode there. Must've been 20 pounds of guts on it. I honestly don't know how he could see where he was going.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:00 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by thephatboy2003
Only went once so far, and when I did, I only had a week. We live in NJ. My buddy had several weeks so he and his wife decided to trailer down, Begged us to go. Ended up that he trailered both our bikes down, We flew in, Rented a cabin at Recreational springs, bout 25 miles from Sturgis, (just down from Spearfish Canyon) We ended up doing 1000 miles of riding that week and had a great time. Would and will do it again in a heartbeat. I do alot of 2up riding with the wife, have 4 kids so alot of times we'll trailer the bike and ride when we get to our destination. Sure some think that means i'm not a real biker. Oh well.....I even wear shorts a tank top and sneakers sometimes.... Along with the Leather Jacket, jeans and Black boots. Hey, whatever floats your boat, as long as you enjoy riding......Thats all that really counts to me.
I never have been able to understand the concept if you trailer your bike you aren't a "real biker". It seems very silly to me and juvenile. Every time I see one of these threads, I feel like I'm on some middle school playground.

Take Blueraven for example, I wonder if he knows how ridiculous he sounds when he post stuff like "If a person wants to play "biker" for a week does it really matter?"?

Then you have the guys going around with patches on their "biker" vest going around calling people who trailer their bikefrom Florida to Sturgis a pu$$y when come to find out the true "biker" is from some place like Gillette, Wyoming.

Then I've seen people post threads talking any bike they see on a trailer the onwer must be a "pu$$y". Not taking into account they just bought the bike and had to go get it, maybe it is broke down or being taken somewhere for maintenance purposes.

Most of the time I don't even respond to them because they are nothing more than the old cliche of big car and little d#$k. People who far some reason feel the need to stroke the own ego.

Last edited by 1BRAVO9; 07-31-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 AM
13RoadGlider
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Trailers. Bikes.

That's it, I'm trailering to Sturgis. ...

Attached Thumbnails Trailers. Bikes.-20150731_101912.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 10:47 AM
proraptor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trailers are for posers

Quick Reply: Trailers. Bikes.