General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rawhide Harley, Olathe Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:54 PM
tj66
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Rawhide Harley, Olathe Kansas

Anyone have any experience with these guys? I'm thinking about going down there this weekend. Looks like they have alot of bikes on hand. But seemed to be almost pushy on the phone.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:05 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,299 Likes on 2,353 Posts

They were at one time, or still are owned/operated by a family from the north east and they own a couple other dealerships, seemed quite fair when they owned the dealership I go to.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:32 PM
SMsgt Tom
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been there, and all the other dealers in that area. Never bought anything major, but seem to be nice folks.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Worst dealer in the KC area.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:38 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I made a post not long ago about Rawhide Harley Davidson. If you think they are pushy on the phone wait until you go there. They usually have a point man in the parking lot. Once you pull up they are on you and will not let you look on your own. I was there recently and told the guy I'm just looking and he said part of his job was to help me look. He was stuck to me like glue and I really felt like I couldn't just look. The next time I go there I'm going to ask for the manager. I will tell him either they let me look by myself or I will leave. Don't get me wrong they have always been nice but very very pushy. I have never tried to buy from them but I'm betting they are one of those dealers that pad everything to the max. I do like to stop there because they have so many bikes under one roof. I stopped at Blue Springs Harley Davidson this last weekend. They only had about 6 bikes inside and all the rest were sitting outside on the blacktop in the hot sun, heat index was over 100. I like hot weather but man it was to hot, like you could fry an egg on the pavement. The only one that spoke to me was one of the young clothing girls.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
I made a post not long ago about Rawhide Harley Davidson. If you think they are pushy on the phone wait until you go there. They usually have a point man in the parking lot. Once you pull up they are on you and will not let you look on your own. I was there recently and told the guy I'm just looking and he said part of his job was to help me look. He was stuck to me like glue and I really felt like I couldn't just look. The next time I go there I'm going to ask for the manager. I will tell him either they let me look by myself or I will leave. Don't get me wrong they have always been nice but very very pushy. I have never tried to buy from them but I'm betting they are one of those dealers that pad everything to the max. I do like to stop there because they have so many bikes under one roof. I stopped at Blue Springs Harley Davidson this last weekend. They only had about 6 bikes inside and all the rest were sitting outside on the blacktop in the hot sun, heat index was over 100. I like hot weather but man it was to hot, like you could fry an egg on the pavement. The only one that spoke to me was one of the young clothing girls.
Go visit Worth, up by the airport. I live 6 miles from Rawhide and wont step foot in the place.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:03 PM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolaid
Go visit Worth, up by the airport. I live 6 miles from Rawhide and wont step foot in the place.

The only thing Worth is better at is charging more. I wouldn't go to any of the 4 in the Metro to buy. Service? Rawhide all day long. Purchase, go to Topeka or Wichita. They'll actually sell you one at or below MSRP.

Everyone I know of (3 guys now, one of them twice) that purchased at RH way overpaid. And double triple ditto what he said about pushiness. Holy ****. I started parking around back to sneak in the service bay whenever I go get parts. Damn salesman will walk to you to parts counter and try to sell you a new bike while you're getting service parts.

I bought my first one at Worth, second at Alef's in Wichita and my current at Topeka. Worth got me on that first one for about 2k over book, mostly because I was impatient and wanted THAT color. Alef's was right at book, and Topeka actually came in under. I walked out with accessories and taxes paid for what the Metro guys were starting at on my Street Bob.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Unbalanced Bob
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Famous folks have stayed in Olathe.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:10 PM
tj66
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling they were into the high pressure sales tactics. Told them several times all I wanted was a price on a bike and they insisted that I make a appointment to see the sales rep.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:29 AM
jcgribks
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've bought some parts from them but I'd never buy a bike from them. Looked at a used Sportster a couple yrs ago and for $1,000 more I could have bought a new one. Very high prices on used bikes. I was told that they wholesale out most of their used bikes and concentrate on selling new.
If you want a good deal go on over to Sedalia, MO to Yeagers and talk to Dave. I've bought 2 bikes from them, one used and one new and they treat you well.

Quick Reply: Rawhide Harley, Olathe Kansas