General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liken my eglide goodies tour pak brace, but....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 07:04 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Liken my eglide goodies tour pak brace, but....

So I decided to buy the tour pak brace from eglide goodies. I never really trusted the cable tether in my 2010 bike or even less the retractable tether in my 2014. Heard of some stories of the cable letting loose without warning and when on a trip, I do strap a medium size back on the rack and this added to my worry.

I had a tor pak crack on my 2010 for no reason and while still under warranty, MOCO said to bad for you and wouldn't cover it saying perhaps you rode over some rough roads. That's was some BS. And then there were guys here that their cable left loose and caused damage to the pak and again MOCO said too bad.

So put in my order and did a easy install and it feels so much better and sturdy than the HD means of a tether. Nice product. But now here comes the BUT part.

As expected,I was fully aware of the price and could see by the video on the install as to what this was and parts to this brace. Price was 80 bucks and they don't mind whacking you 14 bucks for ship and handling for a half pound package. It was when I got the package and opened and held the parts in my hand where I laughed, shook my head and said, I paid 94 bucks to get this to my door? Wow, I'd take a generous educated guess that they have 10 bucks in manufacturing costs to this when you really set your eyes on it. Quite a hefty make up on this nice little baby. And then the nerve to a a couple bucks handling on top of this baby!!!!!

But I did know what the cost was, was the one that wanted it, they had it, I couldn't easily make one, so I did what I did with a sound mind. But geezzzzzz!

So whatever. If you don't mind shelling out twice what this beauty should cost, it does work well and does what I hoped it would do. So that's all folks. )

Old 08-12-2015, 07:28 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

I always kinda wanted one of those, but I'm just too damn CHEEP!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:56 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,186 Likes on 2,454 Posts

i'm cheap too. that's why I went ahead and bought one. I figured that it would be better to spend the money on the brace once, and not have to worry about replacing the tourpak and/or lid on a cvo

of course, since I bought one for my bike, had to buy a second one for the wife's bike......

but, they do work good, and even at what they cost, it is good money spent.