General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride to Libby Montana

Old 08-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Cheftobs
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride to Libby Montana

Riding from Sandpoint Idaho to Libby Montana. Any must stop at bars or restaurants?

Old 08-18-2015, 07:58 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, a whole 84 miles with one small town of 2,500 peeps inbetween. That should be easy lol

I was in Bonners Ferry (and Libby) last month. Right before you cross the river in Bonners take a left and check out Kootenai River Brewing on Riverside Dr. (Its the street parallel and closest to the river). Ride careful! As Im sure you already know the F'n deer are thick. I about tagged one between Libby and Bonners.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,739 Likes on 18,543 Posts

It might have something to do with Sandpoint ... a good friend lives there and sometimes he has a hell of a time getting home from work ... the bar keeps jumping out and grabbing him.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Check with the local HOG chapter.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:58 AM
woodman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 361 Posts

The Halfway Bar . It's about halfway there on Highway 56.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:03 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Originally Posted by woodman
The Halfway Bar . It's about halfway there on Highway 56.
I agree, and the Bull River is a much nicer ride than going up through Bonners. I usually make a "loop" out of that ride.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ya gotta stop at the Home Bar in Troy Montana. A biker friendly roadhouse with great people and character.
Ask anyone along the highway through Troy where it is - everybody knows the place.

Then you can also ride down Mt. 56 to the Halfway House on Bull Lake where they used to put on what was known as the Big Sky Rendezvous. Bluegrass music at it's best and the first place I ever saw The Mission Mountain Wood Band.
Haven't been to the Rendevous in years but it was always great fun.
To get back to Libby you'll have to backtrack north up to (Interstate 2). It's just a few miles.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:29 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheftobs
Riding from Sandpoint Idaho to Libby Montana. Any must stop at bars or restaurants?
You have only 1 real choice: Do a Yaak Attack and report back (nice little cadence there).

Coming from Bonners Ferry, just as you get into Montana look for the Yaak River Road that goes off to the left...has a state route number, 508 I think. There are several pubs to check out but The Dirty Shame Saloon is probably the most notable. You'll come to a T intersection later and there's a paved state route that takes you south to Libby.

You may already know this place but if you come back via Bull River Road (56) and come into Sandpoint on 200, that floating restaurant/marina on Lake Pend Oreille at about East Hope is good. Stopped there yesterday on a day ride out of Coeur d'Alene and the spicy fish tacos with that local IPA went down well. Ought to be a fine ride.

Last edited by mtgriz; 08-19-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Cheftobs
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Off to Libby then to Helena

Old 08-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgriz
You have only 1 real choice: Do a Yaak Attack and report back (nice little cadence there).

Coming from Bonners Ferry, just as you get into Montana look for the Yaak River Road that goes off to the left...has a state route number, 508 I think. There are several pubs to check out but The Dirty Shame Saloon is probably the most notable. You'll come to a T intersection later and there's a paved state route that takes you south to Libby.

You may already know this place but if you come back via Bull River Road (56) and come into Sandpoint on 200, that floating restaurant/marina on Lake Pend Oreille at about East Hope is good. Stopped there yesterday on a day ride out of Coeur d'Alene and the spicy fish tacos with that local IPA went down well. Ought to be a fine ride.

Last time I heard, the old Dirty Shame in Montana burnt to the ground several years ago and the owner started a new one close to Tum Tum, WA. That one also burnt to the ground about two years ago. Just like the Montana version it was a fire hazard waiting for a match. Fun places they were though.
The Montana version offered shirts and hats that said: "Liquor In The Front.....Poker In The Rear". The hats also had ear muffs (Elmer Fudd style) that said "Bullshit Deflectors" when pulled down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ride to Libby Montana