General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo FRONT turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:52 PM
jbfb
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Fatboy Lo FRONT turn signal relocation

I did a bit of a search and while I found a few threads I felt I (ok and you) deserved a new one. Mostly cause I haven't seen this yet.

I got rid of the handlebar turn signals and changed them to Custom Dynamic LED's on the forks. As seen below (if all goes well). Ultimately I'll have a fairing on part time and as well as solving that problem these are brighter and function as clear running lights.
The first pic shows them both amber (working with the "hazzards")
The second pic shows with the left turn signal on (amber flashing)
The third pic shows them on constant as "running lights" (white constant)

All in all a pretty easy job. My dash signal does do the "quick flash" but the signals flash normal at all times. Removed the stock signals, cut the wires, ran them to the LED's down behind the front cover and down the sides of the upper fork tube (covered in stainless braiding).

The only downside is that they really accentuate the YELLOW dimness of the stock headlight.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo FRONT turn signal relocation-img_2472.png   Fatboy Lo FRONT turn signal relocation-img_2474.png   Fatboy Lo FRONT turn signal relocation-img_2475.png