General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gilbertsville Bike Night

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,589 Likes on 9,809 Posts
Default Gilbertsville Bike Night

Anybody here make it to Bike Night in Gilbertsville Pa last Saturday night?

I saw a nice Captain America chopper parked on the street with the ride in bikes. It should have been in the show.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:48 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
Anybody here make it to Bike Night in Gilbertsville Pa last Saturday night?

I saw a nice Captain America chopper parked on the street with the ride in bikes. It should have been in the show.
Yaaaawn... Maybe it's just me, but Gilbertsville Bike Night (and most of the other bike nights in the area) have lost their appeal. Same bikes, same people, same club members puffing out their chests and trying to look bad *** with their huge beer guts and cigarette stained facial hair. Hell, even the women are a sad looking lot.

So, in answer to your question, I live 10 minutes away and had no desire to go. Just bored with the whole scene.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,589 Likes on 9,809 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Yaaaawn... Maybe it's just me, but Gilbertsville Bike Night (and most of the other bike nights in the area) have lost their appeal. Same bikes, same people, same club members puffing out their chests and trying to look bad *** with their huge beer guts and cigarette stained facial hair. Hell, even the women are a sad looking lot.

So, in answer to your question, I live 10 minutes away and had no desire to go. Just bored with the whole scene.

I must admit, you are absolutely correct. I was there three years ago, then stopped in Saturday thinking it may have gotten bigger, or better, but no. Pretty much hasn't changed. The actual "show field" was vacant , more of a show on the street with ride in bikes. And I may be getting older, but there were a lot of "weekend badasses" hanging around, I feel where you are coming from. I am at a loss for suggestions to make it better, maybe live bands? more of a parts and swap meet? they had beer trucks but hell, DUI is more of a cash cow now than ever so its not worth it, I drank ice water while there.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:48 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
I must admit, you are absolutely correct. I was there three years ago, then stopped in Saturday thinking it may have gotten bigger, or better, but no. Pretty much hasn't changed. The actual "show field" was vacant , more of a show on the street with ride in bikes. And I may be getting older, but there were a lot of "weekend badasses" hanging around, I feel where you are coming from. I am at a loss for suggestions to make it better, maybe live bands? more of a parts and swap meet? they had beer trucks but hell, DUI is more of a cash cow now than ever so its not worth it, I drank ice water while there.
Yeah, unless something changes, I doubt it will last much longer.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:12 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,427 Likes on 4,129 Posts

Yaaaawn... Maybe it's just me, but Gilbertsville Bike Night (and most of the other bike nights in the area) have lost their appeal.

You're right. You'd think an area with the population we have would have some great events...not so. Only place I enjoy going anymore is RMC events.... Drags, swap meets, party. The crowd is getting older and is not being replenished with enough young folks (for whatever reason).

When I first started riding in the late 70's, 85% of the crowd was UNDER 35.
There weren't many "bike shows" per say, but a lot of poker runs that always ended with a party with food, beer, a band and a place to pitch a tent in some out of the way place. Yes, I have many fond memories. I feel bad for you young guys.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:13 AM
KSJ08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I llive off Swamp Pike/New Hanover Sq. Rd. Where was the meet held??

Old 08-20-2015, 01:10 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by KSJ08
I llive off Swamp Pike/New Hanover Sq. Rd. Where was the meet held??
Gilbertsville Firehouse/Hall.

http://www.ivhog.org/2015-gilbertsville-bike-night/

Old 08-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

I've noticed that bike nights are definitely dying out up here. Partly because of over saturation, as it seems like every town and restaurant is hosting a "bike night" to boost business.

Partly, I think, because the concept is getting old and stale. You ride there, and other than checking out the same bikes that were there last week, there's nothing to do.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:25 PM
KSJ08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell I had to lay down my 2001 VFR700F right there yrs ago vs power packing a stopped 75 Chevy station wagon or tangle W/on coming vehicle. When, where besides here are there any announcements about bike nights rally's??? New to HD's