General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

viking sissy bag questions

Old 08-23-2015, 09:15 PM
Str33tBob
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default viking sissy bag questions

Anyone use this? http://www.vikingbags.com/vikingbags...sy-bar-bag.htm

I'm interested in a bag that I can pick up some light groceries and/or some additional clothing. At the same time not look ridiculous on the back of my bike.

Thanks so much for your help.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:43 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I would like a vertical bag that closes at the top..
It would sit on the pax seat and tie/clip/attach to the sissybar..
Maybe have some small storage around the outside

Old 08-24-2015, 02:04 AM
scott01
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have heard good reviews about Viking bags. That bag looks nice for $50. Kinda hard to beat that

Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I have one of Viking's other sissy bar bags as well as a set of saddlebags. I'm very pleased with their quality, especially at their prices. I don't have that particular bag but have a similar sized one from another brand. It stays on my bike all the time. I've used it for short grocery trips as well as overnight stays. It's small enough not to overwhelm the bike ('12 FatBoy Lo) yet big enough to be very useful.

They are sponsors here so place your order over the phone for a discount...at least that's always worked for me.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Beatz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the "Dagr" vertical sissy bar bag. Excellent quality for the price. The vertical bags tend to look a bit better in my opinion, and don't catch the wind as much.

http://www.vikingbags.com/vikingbags...sy-bar-bag.htm

I also have the Viking Cruise Sissy Bag. LOVE this thing, have it on around 99% of time. A tad bit smaller, but can fit more then you think. Plenty big for a few groceries, 6-pack, etc.. Figure anything you could fit into a standard Walmart plastic bag you can fit into the Cruise. Though Viking calls their material "Viking Leather", it is actually Vinyl, but the quality is very good and does a great job handling the wet and sun.

http://www.vikingbags.com/cruise-lea...sy-bar-bag.htm

Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the extra large bag and it's massive. Viking stands by their stuff, which I like. One of my straps broke, and they sent a new one free of charge.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeRides
I have one of Viking's other sissy bar bags as well as a set of saddlebags. I'm very pleased with their quality, especially at their prices. I don't have that particular bag but have a similar sized one from another brand. It stays on my bike all the time. I've used it for short grocery trips as well as overnight stays. It's small enough not to overwhelm the bike ('12 FatBoy Lo) yet big enough to be very useful.

They are sponsors here so place your order over the phone for a discount...at least that's always worked for me.
Bumping a slightly older thread, but just wanted to respond.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. We're happy to help out and be sure to send us over an email if you'd like the HDforum discount.

We're actually lacking photos of the DAGR ( http://www.vikingbags.com/vikingbags...sy-bar-bag.htm
) on bikes.. So if any of you with our sissy bar bags... if you could send over some photos to eddie@vikingbags.com we'd greatly appreciate it !

Old 12-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,127 Likes on 5,583 Posts

I have the one listed in the link below. I turn it around and strap it to the front side of the sissy bar so that it sits on the passenger seat of my Street Bob. It actually makes a nice back rest that way. And it holds a sh*t ton of stuff. I can pack a weeks worth of clothes in it and still have room for plenty of other items.

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/luggage/c...er-detail.html

Old 12-11-2015, 10:19 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,718 Likes on 6,183 Posts

As a Viking-American, I am offended that the words "Viking" and "sissy" were used in the same sentence. I keep my bloody pillaging battle-ax in one these bags, and it has never leaked.