General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hope over Heroin..calling all Ohio riders!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Andy Arocho
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope over Heroin..calling all Ohio riders!

Hey guys, this weekend (11th & 12th) there will be an event held in support of those battling drug related issues. Come out to show support and participate in the days events!

This event will be held at 412 Black River Landing in Lorain, Ohio 44052

"Sept 11-12 Hope Over Heroin is coming to Lorain, OH with live music, free food, and real stories of deliverance from addiction. We’ll begin each evening at 7:00 p.m."

"HOPE OVER HEROIN PARADE
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 AT 4PM

We are looking for people to participate in the Hope Over Heroin Lorain County Parade on Saturday, September 12 at 4pm during the Hope Over Heroin Lorain County event. There is no cost to attend the Hope Over Heroin event or march in the parade, but any donation you would like to make would help us cover the cost of the event and be greatly appreciated.

In addition to those walking in the parade we are inviting those who own a motorcycle of any kind to ride with us in the parade. We encourage you to get involved and invite others you know with motorcycles. We want to see a HUGE turnout! Help us show solidarity in our mission of hope by riding together with hundreds of other bikers! All are welcome. Let us know you want to be a part of this event by giving us a call at (440) 960-1100. All participating Bikers should meet at Black River Landing by 2:30pm."

"Hope Over Heroin is a collaborative effort by churches in Ohio to reach those suffering from drug-related issues. Events have food, live music, and real stories of deliverance will give those hurting most the hope they need to be set free and live a life of victory. If you or someone you know needs help overcoming addiction please join us for Hope Over Heroin!"

http://hopeoverheroinlorain.org/

http://www.hopeoverheroin.com/

Ride safe

Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Grizzwood
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The event sounds like a good way to reach people who are struggling with addiction. I lost my nephew last year to drug overdose. I've since learned it is an epidemic problem in PA and other states, and yet doesn't get media or public attention, nor does veteran suicide rates.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,591 Likes on 9,809 Posts

Heroin is bad stuff, it needs to be eradicated.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Andy Arocho
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzwood
The event sounds like a good way to reach people who are struggling with addiction. I lost my nephew last year to drug overdose. I've since learned it is an epidemic problem in PA and other states, and yet doesn't get media or public attention, nor does veteran suicide rates.
Hopefully! With events and organizations like this, gaining momentum enough to make a difference. Heroin IS an epidemic in Lorain as-well as MANY more cities around the state and country. I have lost a few friends to OD, i just wish events like this will open peoples eyes to how big of an issue this really is.

My condolences on your loss Grizzwood

Ride safe

Old 09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

I've lost a lot of friends and family to crack addiction, and a few to heroin. It's bad stuff.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:40 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Heroin and crack. Is there anyone that doesn't know the effects? If you take it, your an idiot. It's epidemic, but why? Are there really that many stupid people around that don't know where they end up if they start taking it? Probably not, yet people still do it to themselves. To me, getting on heroin or crack is about the stupidest, totally preventable, thing you can possibly do to yourself.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:35 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Heroin and crack. Is there anyone that doesn't know the effects? If you take it, your an idiot. It's epidemic, but why? Are there really that many stupid people around that don't know where they end up if they start taking it? Probably not, yet people still do it to themselves. To me, getting on heroin or crack is about the stupidest, totally preventable, thing you can possibly do to yourself.
I agree, to an extent. Especially with Crack. With heroin, I agree with about 89% of it (I made that percentage up. LOL!). Unfortunately, a lot of heroin addictions are caused by addictions to prescription pain medication, many of which have an effect that's almost identical to heroin. Doctors were prescribing paid meds like candy for the longest time. Suddenly, the patient is addicted, and the prescription is gone. Those are the folks that I feel the most sorry for.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Donnybrook
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

A very good cause that hits close to home for me and mine. Thanks for posting and I hope you have a good turnout and support.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000

Goes to show what you know about addiction.

You think it is stupid and I will agree.

Preventable? In some cases yes and in some cases no.

Some people have an addictive personality and that addiction may be geared toward alcohol or maybe to drugs or to both.

Obviously, judging by your post you haven't a clue.
To make the statement that you made you are the one that is the idiot.
How does that feel?

To talk about someone that has a disease and call them derogatory names because of that is the height of stupidity.
Again, how does that feel?

I'm not about to go back and forth with you about addiction because you don't know what the hell you are talking about and frankly I'm not going to waste my breath.

Addiction is a disease that many are struggling with, and if you have nothing constructive to add then how about keeping your mouth shut?

Old 09-10-2015, 10:25 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hippie49
Goes to show what you know about addiction.

You think it is stupid and I will agree.

Preventable? In some cases yes and in some cases no.

Some people have an addictive personality and that addiction may be geared toward alcohol or maybe to drugs or to both.

Obviously, judging by your post you haven't a clue.
To make the statement that you made you are the one that is the idiot.
How does that feel?

To talk about someone that has a disease and call them derogatory names because of that is the height of stupidity.
Again, how does that feel?

I'm not about to go back and forth with you about addiction because you don't know what the hell you are talking about and frankly I'm not going to waste my breath.

Addiction is a disease that many are struggling with, and if you have nothing constructive to add then how about keeping your mouth shut?

Quick Reply: Hope over Heroin..calling all Ohio riders!