General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings Harley Enthusiasts!

Old 09-27-2015, 02:06 PM
seanctonik
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings Harley Enthusiasts!

My name is Sean Cooley, and I'm 35 years old. I'm a Mechanic, but 99% on Cars/Trucks/SUV's, however I have come across a Harley Davidson or two in my time! I've been in the shop usually from 9am-10pm 7 days a week, so me and my Partner stay Extremely busy! I Truly Love being an auto mechanic, just wish that I had more Motorcycles come into the shop! Anyways, that's a little about me, I also have a question for you Harley Guys out there, which I will attempt to find the correct thread in the correct forum to post it in.

Heres the Question. I had a Harley Davidson set of Handlebars stolen from me, however I have an Identical smaller version Replica of them and have pictures of the Replica, which again is Identical but smaller in size! I'm thinking that they might be from an 02 HD Sportster or Softail, but I'm not sure and in order for the insurance to cover it I need to figure out what year, make, model, and Value of them are! This is where I've come up empty, like I said I know Very little when it comes to motorcycles and was hoping that one of you guys, or gals could Potentially help me to solve this mystery!

Thank you Ever so much and please send me a reply or message if you might be able to help as I'm unsure exactly how to post the pictures on this Forum!

Thanks and Keep on Ridin'

~~Sean~~

Last edited by seanctonik; 09-27-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: To post pictures
Old 09-27-2015, 02:13 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Welcome to the Forum from Colorado!
Click on the little icon second from right that is above the dialogue window. options will appear to allow you to post pics.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:30 PM
seanctonik
4th Gear
Default I edited the post to add the pics but...

Originally Posted by QC
Welcome to the Forum from Colorado!
Click on the little icon second from right that is above the dialogue window. options will appear to allow you to post pics.
I attempted to edit my post and added the pics, however after saving the changes it does not appear that they were added. Is their a waiting period where a Forum Moderator must approve the photo additions?

Old 09-27-2015, 02:33 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

Welcome from Maryland

Old 09-27-2015, 02:43 PM
seanctonik
4th Gear
Default Greetings From Idaho!

Originally Posted by hullhorr
Welcome from Maryland
Thank you and Greetings From Idaho! Hope that your day is Going Wonderfully! Do you Ride? If so what you Riding? I'm Very curious and Love to learn, especially being a mechanic and only having work on 3 Motorcycles, 2 of which were Harley's, the other being A Kawasaki 98', which I had to completely dismantle and Rebuild the Entire bike! Although Now it Runs Absolutely Amazingly, and is Almost New after All the many parts that needed replacing, however some of the body parts are missing due to being broken, as well as the front turn signals, but those should be here by Friday so next weekend I will be replacing all those! As well as a few miscellaneous components.

However some of the body parts are missing because the pieces were broken so, next week when those come in I will be replacing them as well as the front turn signals and a few other components!

Old 09-27-2015, 02:43 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 09-27-2015, 02:45 PM
seanctonik
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TcHunter
Welcome to the forum
Thank you TcHunter, and Greetings from Idaho! Hope that your day is Going Smashinly, and that your soon to be out Ridin'!

Now as I mentioned in my First post in this thread I had a question as to which make, model, year, and approx value of a set of Handlebars were. And I also mentioned that the pictures were of a smaller version of an Exact Replica of the Original ones that were stolen. Here are a couple Photos of the Exact Replica, and 1 photo of the Suspected Harley that they came from!

The Identical smaller version Replica pic!

The Identical Replica of the Front clamp!

The Suspected Harley that the Original Handlebars came from!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-27-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:10 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

A big welcome to you from sunny Southern California. Glad to have you on board.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:24 PM
seanctonik
4th Gear

Originally Posted by VTwin-Goodies
A big welcome to you from sunny Southern California. Glad to have you on board.
Well Thank You So much VTwin-Goodies! And a Happy Welcome from Western Idaho! Glad that I have the honor to be a part of this Forum! Thanks for the Welcoming!

Old 09-27-2015, 04:32 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Welcome

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Greetings Harley Enthusiasts!