General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest 2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 01:12 PM
stmcmann
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Biketoberfest 2015

Anyone riding down from the Atlanta/N. Ga. area? I rode down in march for the reg. Bikeweek, but I didn't get to see a lot due to the huge crowds which I ain't into. I've been told there's still a lot of folks down for Biketoberfest, but the crowds ain't nearly as bad, and that the weather is usually pretty good, which this year's Bikeweek in March had pretty good weather for a change. If nothing changes with my work schedule, I plan to leave early that Thursday the 15th, and stay at the same place in Ormond Beach I stayed back in March, and ride back home on that Sunday.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

A lot of people like Biketoberfest better than Bike Week for the same reasons you mentioned. Same vendors, same type of entertainment, more likely to have good weather, and less people. The two events are pretty much the same and the idiots that run them will continue to allow cars and trucks on Main St. Btw, that's a pretty good ride you'll be taking down and back on Thu and Sun.....ride safe!

Old 09-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We enjoy Biketoberfest a lot more then Bike Week. Too many crotch rockets during Bike Week and you are correct about the weather being much better in October. See you at Cabbage Patch on Saturday night after 10PM...I'll be the guy drinking a beer.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

The crowd will be about half the size, about a quarter million. Like said already, same vendors, same events. Just as fun as Bike Week, just a little shorter. Been hearing they are trying to extend it in the near future, and be the same as Bike Week.
Yeah, I'm gonna make the long 15 minute ride to the festivities again this year. No trailer for me.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:43 PM
HDBiga
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18 hour drive. But will be there. See you all there

Old 09-29-2015, 05:45 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

I'm sortof thinking of riding down over the weekend. Anyone heading down there from the Palmetto State?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:41 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm planning to go if life or weather don't get in the way. If there is anybody who dislikes the Ga. I 75 freeway route, Try hwy 441 to Lake city and then 100 into Ormond Beach. It takes longer but is a nice ride.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's been raining a lot in Jacksonville. Seems like every day since the start of summer. Bring your wet gear.

Biketoberfest is much better than bike week for the cooler weather.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:51 AM
stmcmann
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been raining in and around Atlanta since last Thursday, but yes I do plan to bring my rain gear, as well as my leathers, and if the weather ain't to bad I plan to ride I-75 from the S. Metro Atlanta area all the way to Lake City, FL., then I'll take 100 to US-1 in Bunnell, FL., and US-1 down to Ormond Beach, they place I'll be staying at is within 10 miles of the Destination Daytona H.D. dealer.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Over the years I have grown to enjoy Biketoberfest better than Bike Week for the same reasons others have mentioned.

Heading out this year from Statesboro, GA on Wednesday the 14th.

This year we're doing something different as we like Thunderbeach in Panama City also. We're leaving Daytona on Sunday and heading down to Key West for a couple of days, then up the left coast to PCB the following weekend.

First decent vacation since 2011.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest 2015