General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smokey Mountain HD

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Smokey Mountain HD

Just a shout out for this dealership. We went up to the mountains last week. My buddies bike had a problem and we took it in to the service department. They did not have the part in stock. They did have the part that was for another customers bike and were waiting for other parts for that bike as well. They used that part and got his bike fixed.

This is the best overall dealership I have ever been to. Lots of bikes, tons of motor clothes, a bar and restaurant open seven days a week, and the last two times I have been there they had a band playing on the stage.

Good job on the service and helping someone out on the road.

Me and another buddy were in CO this summer and he had troubles with his bike. We called the dealership in the southern part of the state to see of he could get it in the next day. We would drop it off that day. They said it was first come first serve. They would not help out someone out on the road.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:58 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I've had a good experience with them too. Good people.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Years ago, I was fortunate enough to meet, Scott, the owner on one of my mountain trips. He was out riding with the MoCo VP of marketing (another good guy), who was down for a visit. Scott gave me and my friends free passes to The Shed event that weekend. When we arrived the next evening, he personally gave a us a backstage tour. I can't speak for the customer service of his dealership, but he's a people person, so I'm not surprised the OP had a good experience. I wish I had stayed in touch, but I imagine he has more than enough friends.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Have to agree, I lost count on how many dealerships I've been too and that one was very cool and had a great staff.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Man when I first read this I thought you said they took a part off of another customer's bike....I couldn't believe you would think that was good customer service! Haha

Now that I reread it....glad to hear some positive comments! They say only 1 out of every 10 happy customers will say something about it. Also they only tell 1 person.
On the flipside is every unhappy customer will tell 10 people!
I try and make it a point to tell people about every good experience we have and I'm glad to see someone else doing it too!!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:38 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Had a similar experience. Throttle by wire issue on our way to the Tail. Nursed the bike in, the service guy checked me in, the tech overheard and came over and said he thought he knew what the issue was and fixed it on the spot in 10-15 minutes. Wouldn't charge us. So we spent money in the gift shop, bought some lunch and dropped off a 12 pack for the techs on our way out. ALL dealerships should be run this well.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 AM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kishstl
Had a similar experience. Throttle by wire issue on our way to the Tail. Nursed the bike in, the service guy checked me in, the tech overheard and came over and said he thought he knew what the issue was and fixed it on the spot in 10-15 minutes. Wouldn't charge us. So we spent money in the gift shop, bought some lunch and dropped off a 12 pack for the techs on our way out. ALL dealerships should be run this well.
This is called Customer Service and a Customer who shows his appreciation. It should work out this way every time (especially when on the road). Also, the tech is what I call a mechanic (someone who fixes something) and not just a parts changer.

This is a great thread. Love to hear stuff like this. I need to start writing stuff like this down, so when I'm out touring the country I know what dealers to hit if possible if I have an issue.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

They are a class act for sure . We know Scott pretty well and have set up there many times during events. Have also seen some great artist play at the Shed Leon Russell,Marty Stuart,Elizibeth Cook just to name a few..Their staff is top notch and you have to wonder why other dealerships refuse to follow in their foot steps .. He sets the bar pretty high ..

Old 10-02-2015, 12:35 PM
killersdd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove there from Mobile, Alabama to buy a 2014 Wide Glide last year. I had made the deal over the phone. The salesman, Scott, sent photos of everything I requested. The bike was exactly as described and the OTD price was exactly as discussed. I cannot say enough good things about this dealership.