General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Harley Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:45 PM
armydgp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Harley Shocks

Hey guys, i'm looking for some stock touring shocks, i got an 08 street glide, besides the height being different, what year shocks would be direct bolt on to my bike? Thanks

Danny

Old 10-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Stock shocks are 12" air adjustable shocks.

Better road shocks would be 13" air adjustable shocks from the Electra Glides or Road Kings. More travel and slightly smoother ride. Will raise your bike up about 3/4". Easy installation with just the two bolts. The air tubes will plug right in. EZ deal.

Nice upgrade would be to the 12" or 13" premium hand adjustable Harley shock off the CVO models or currently on the Rushmore Special Street Glides. Far better shocks. Give a much smoother ride and far better control. Nice upgrade and not too expensive. $300 used/$500 new. You can sell your old shocks for about $100.

Next step up is Progressive shocks. They are a even better made shock, but a friend of mine got a set and sees little benefit from them, and they are a pain to adjust if you go from riding single to double.

Best (and most expensive) is to contact Howard at motorcyclemetal.com He will go over more upscale options that include customized shocks, set to provide the ultimate ride and handling. Handles the Ohlin shocks, and seems be able to set them up better than anyone. Stands behind his work.

I chose the 12' Premium hand adjustable shocks, and have been very satisfied. No more bottoming out, banging over potholes and skittish handling. Did not want to give up on that sweet lowered look and ride that makes the Street Glide Harley's most popular model. 30 minute installation and the easiest shock of all to adjust for adding a passenger. (Only one **** to turn. No tools or pumps needed)