General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac recore kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:50 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Fullsac recore kits

I'm thinking about using the fullsac oem recore kit. Anyone have any experience with the kit with 2" baffles?
I don't want to loose any bottom end torque or have very loud pipes.
Bike is stock except I removed the cat from the headpipe.
I posted this in the exhaust section but it didn't get many hits so thought i would try it here.
Thanks guys!

Old 10-16-2015, 10:49 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

the fullsac cores rock. the cvo mufflers are a very good looking muffler (esp. for stock). add in the recores and they become a very good performing muffler as well. the 2.0s are supposed to be the top performers, until you get into big cubes. the 1.75 are slightly louder than stock, the 2.0s are a little louder than that. nowhere near ear splitting loud, but if you give it a good twist, they will bark. at cruising or idle, not so bad. you will be able to hear your tunes, and you won't have a splitting headache from the constant drone of loud pipes while touring.

I know that I spoke mostly of the cvo recores, but I can't imagine that the recore kit for the stock mufflers would be much different in sound/performance, if any.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:57 AM
str8shuutr45
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey Torch;

I put the 2" cores on my Road Kings OEM mufflers in June as a bandaid until I could decide what mods I really wanted (my sig tells about the upgrades since). The 2" cores opened up the sound some but not too much to be annoying.
I really can't tell you about any change in torque other than my Road King was under powered to begin with. I did not notice any loss in performance, that's for sure.
For $199 + shipping they were a breeze to install (I used a 10" power mitre saw with an abrasive blade to cut the ends off). The chrome slash ends look good as well so for me, temporarily, it was a great solution. If all you seek is some deeper sound and maybe a bit more umph in the seat, you can't go wrong with the Fullsac 2" cores.
Good luck!

Old 10-16-2015, 07:06 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies.
I just picked up a set of cvo take offs from a forum member so I think I go for the 2' baffles. I emailed fulsac and thats what they recommend. I really like the look of the cvo mufflers.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:02 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

you won't be disappointed.

I bought a set of cvo takeoffs for the wife's bike and put the fullsac 2.0 cores in. this was supposed to be a stopgap to get rid of stock while she tried to figure out what exhaust she wanted. that was over 2 years ago, and she still isn't looking for anything new....

Old 10-18-2015, 06:59 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior

[QUOTEyou won't be disappointed.][/QUOTE]

Cool, Thanks!!!
I removed the cat from the header but may go with the DX headpipe at some point, I see how it runs with just the slip-ons first.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:33 PM
KszyGC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.25

I went with the 2.25 recores on the stock muffler bodies and the fuel moto stainless headpipe with the ceramic coating. It got louder than I wanted and I lost a lot of torque, so I put in DK Custom TTI lollipops and it got the power back and the roar down to where i didn't have my ears ringing when I got to work after a 25 minute ride. I retuned at each step but never got a big difference visible in the fuel/air mixture table. I didn't like the tips that came with the kit, didn't like the angle down look. I bought 2 inch extended tips from bassani and installed those instead. I also didn't like the end of the baffle being visible at the back of the pipe so I cut that short, which was good because I needed the clearance to install the lollipops. I was able to install the tips slash up which almost matched the angle of the back of the saddlebags. I also added some stainless steel wool and exhaust packing. After all was said and done, I think I would have rather just bought some slip-ons. But it does sound great.

Attached Thumbnails Fullsac recore kits-dk4407864.jpg