General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great App for keeping receipts, maintenance records etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts
Default Great App for keeping receipts, maintenance records etc...

I found a great app a while back for keep bike records and thought I would share it. AUTOsist lets you easily store records of maintenance including receipts, copies of receipts from add ons etc. Also has a section where you can store copies of registration, insurance, auto club membership cards etc..

In the event you sell your vehicle you can run a report that details all maintence records to give to a new buyer and/or you have the ability to transfer the records to a new owner. It allows you to store multiple vehicles in your "Garage" so you have separate records for each bike, vehicle, boat etc...

I like it because all records are together in one easy to access spot. In the event of damage to your bike it would make it very easy to provide proof to insurance companies of exactly what additions are on the bike

It's very simple to add info. For example when I add something to my bike I click the add button and input a little info on what was done, snap a pic of the receipt and often the part and it's saved

Best of all it's a free App for IPhone and I also believe it's available for Android

Here is a pretty good review
http://iosapplists.com/autosist-iphone-app-review/

Old 11-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Jack the Lad
Tourer
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts

Paper receipts are the only ones worth having when you sell.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:57 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jack the Lad
Most folk do not keep each paper receipt associated with each of their vehicles, I am sure some do. Having the ability to add a photocopy of each receipt associated with each of my vehicles at the time the transaction occurred is well worth the price of a free app to me.

For me personally my phone is usually on my person, my stacks of paper receipts is not. If I need to know when exactly a certain maintenance occurred on a vehicle, what I paid for a service or part that info is at my fingertips pretty much anywhere I am with my phone or internet service

As far as paper receipts I have yet to met the person that would object to a photocopy of maintenance receipts. For me personally I would much rather a seller provide me with a PDF that contains all records on the vehicle in chronological order rather than a stack of paper receipts.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I generally scan my maintenance records in and store the resultant PDF files in my dropbox. I'll have a look and see what functionality is in the app. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:41 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack the Lad
Maybe if you're selling to a 65 years old man off the grid in the woods. . .

Originally Posted by Mxdad
Most folk do not keep each paper receipt associated with each of their vehicles, I am sure some do. Having the ability to add a photocopy of each receipt associated with each of my vehicles at the time the transaction occurred is well worth the price of a free app to me.

For me personally my phone is usually on my person, my stacks of paper receipts is not. If I need to know when exactly a certain maintenance occurred on a vehicle, what I paid for a service or part that info is at my fingertips pretty much anywhere I am with my phone or internet service

As far as paper receipts I have yet to met the person that would object to a photocopy of maintenance receipts. For me personally I would much rather a seller provide me with a PDF that contains all records on the vehicle in chronological order rather than a stack of paper receipts.
Exactly.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-12-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lighteye
I generally scan my maintenance records in and store the resultant PDF files in my dropbox. I'll have a look and see what functionality is in the app. Thanks for the heads up.
I have done the same as you in the past. What I liked about this is the easy to use format

When I open the app or webpage I see my garage, from there I can select whichever vehicle and have 4 categories of records, receipts, Glove-box, notes and reminders

In the receipts I can obviously scan and keep receipts from all maintenance, parts etc

Glovebox I store info such as copy of DL, Ins and registration, AAA cards etc.

Notes I can store various personal notes on vehicle

Reminders I set to notify me when its time for tag renewal etc..

It also gives you an easy print option of a vehicle receipt report here you can print off a very nice report for prospective buyer with chronological list of all service etc.. including receipts. In addition it gives you the ability to email or save the report from your computer/mobile device. In the event you sell the bike/vehicle you can easily transfer this info to the buyer

As you know much of this you could also do with the pdf files from dropbox however I found the format on the app makes it easier to input all the info in the same form each time.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:56 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxdad

I have every receipt for every dime in a 3 ring binder along with every service repair record, all of the propaganda that came with the CVO including the key chains, all of it.

I also keep a digital copy on my phone using Cam Scan so when I need them in a moments notice, I can look them up on my phone.

Not that I am selling the CVO but, should I, I'll give that binder to the new owner and that individual can browse it at their leisure.

Last edited by Coastal CVO; 11-12-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
I have every receipt for every dime in a 3 ring binder along with every service repair record, all of the propaganda that came with the CVO including the key chains, all of it.

I also keep a digital copy on my phone using Cam Scan so when I need them in a moments notice, I can look them up on my phone.

Not that I am selling the CVO but, should I, I'll give that binder to the new owner and that individual can browse it at their leisure.
Same here, all paper receipts in a binder, all online receipts printed off and in the binder. I do need to scan them and put them on a storage device. I see that now. Thnx for bringing this up.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:06 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

App seems pretty cool. Will give it a test drive.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

You all seriously keep every receipt?? I have to ask the question.....but...here it goes....why????

Am I missing something??

Quick Reply: Great App for keeping receipts, maintenance records etc...