General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Lowrider stopping power

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:44 PM
1stdynalow
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 Lowrider stopping power

I got to test out the stopping power on my new lowrider today.

I had just gotten off work and had an hour of daylight left. This meant I could get a quick ride in. On my way back on a two lane road I see a semi up ahead and can't see any traffic behind it. As I pass the cab of the semi I notice an f350 turns from behind the semi into my lane and slowly pulls into a driveway. I felt that this was a good chance to practice my maximum braking skills. Using both brakes I slowed fast and swerved around the clueless cager. I did chirp the rear tire a bit however, I was impressed. It didn't help that when the cager noticed me he stopped and stared like a deer in the highlights.

My new Harley stayed shiney side up today friends!

Old 11-24-2015, 07:54 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,039 Likes on 1,894 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stdynalow
I got to test out the stopping power on my new lowrider today.

I had just gotten off work and had an hour of daylight left. This meant I could get a quick ride in. On my way back on a two lane road I see a semi up ahead and can't see any traffic behind it. As I pass the cab of the semi I notice an f350 turns from behind the semi into my lane and slowly pulls into a driveway. I felt that this was a good chance to practice my maximum braking skills. Using both brakes I slowed fast and swerved around the clueless cager. I did chirp the rear tire a bit however, I was impressed. It didn't help that when the cager noticed me he stopped and stared like a deer in the highlights.

My new Harley stayed shiney side up today friends!
The new low rider has excellent braking power. have been on a trip with mine, riding double and travel gear, maxed out on weight, was totally comfortable with the brakes.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I did the same on my '14 Low Rider this past summer when I was passing a semi. I was in the left lane and halfway past his rear most trailer coming down a 6% grade when he suddenly decided he wanted to drive in the left lane too. I swerved onto the paved shoulder and piled on the brakes as a guard rail was coming up. I chirped the rear a bit, but it was very stable and the bike slowed down extremely fast and I easily tucked in behind the semi before we got to the guard rail. Needless to say when we got to the bottom of the hill and I was able to get up by his cab he knew what I thought of him.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,115 Likes on 3,789 Posts

All you want and need to know on all things LR:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...low-rider.html

Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
1stdynalow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Super08
I did the same on my '14 Low Rider this past summer when I was passing a semi. I was in the left lane and halfway past his rear most trailer coming down a 6% grade when he suddenly decided he wanted to drive in the left lane too. I swerved onto the paved shoulder and piled on the brakes as a guard rail was coming up. I chirped the rear a bit, but it was very stable and the bike slowed down extremely fast and I easily tucked in behind the semi before we got to the guard rail. Needless to say when we got to the bottom of the hill and I was able to get up by his cab he knew what I thought of him.
Sounds like another win for the Lowrider!

Old 11-24-2015, 09:00 PM
1stdynalow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ikelove
All you want and need to know on all things LR:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...low-rider.html
Great information on that forum^, I have checked it out many times.