General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Communicators

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:38 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bluetooth Communicators

First of all - I know some of you hate this subject because you want to be unplugged when you ride. I get that. Work requires me to stay connected sometimes, so a bluetooth device is helpful for me. And I really like being able to communicate with other riders on long trips.

I have three questions:
(1) Have any Cardo Scala Rider users experienced any difficulty upgrading a G9-series device to the latest software? I upgraded and have had real issues. Customer support has helped me resolve several issues, but my device sill still not pair with my phone reliably. They tell me it must be something wrong with my device - but it was working perfectly prior to trying to upgrade. Just curious as to whether any others have had issues.

(2) Has anyone tried the new Cardo PackTalk? It looks like really cool technology - but I'm worried about dropping that amount of money if I'm going to get sketchy support if I have issues.

(3) Should I just switch to the Sena product? The Sena 20S looks like a significant upgrade to Bluetooth 4.0, and it looks like it allows full duplex communication with 8 riders instead of 4, so I'm interested.

Let me know if you guys have any thoughts.

And Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

I have the older Sena S10 as do most of my riding friends - in the words of Tony "Theyre Great!"
Distance between riders is amazing, free firmware upgrades are a +. ability to connect to any other bluetooth headset is cool ... what else can I say ?

Old 11-25-2015, 06:42 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy1389
ability to connect to any other bluetooth headset is cool ... what else can I say ?
Fatboy1389 - you've been able to connect to riders using other brands? That's one of the things I want to make sure works. I've encouraged a bunch of my friends to buy Scala Riders. If I switch, I want to be sure I can still connect with them when we ride together.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Larry the Landlord
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm on my 2nd Sena. The battery seems to last 2 years, and they don't support them.