General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buying a Camera this year?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 11:57 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

One missing from the list is the Midland XTC series. Popular with skiers and bowhunters. I used one on a 4600 mile trip out west and back. Tried several ways of mounting but ended up putting it on the side of my helmet.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

If you're not into professional photography think outside the box. My lil Samsung WB35DF does all I need. I owned the Canon EOS 5D and even took classes, then I realized $$$ and time later I didn't have that time nor desire to continue playing photo guy > laffs

Old 12-05-2015, 04:25 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
If you're not into professional photography think outside the box. My lil Samsung WB35DF does all I need. I owned the Canon EOS 5D and even took classes, then I realized $$$ and time later I didn't have that time nor desire to continue playing photo guy > laffs
action video camera is what the OP was talking about. but since you brought up DSLR's... I use a Nikon D7200

Old 12-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,353 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadThePack
There are so many cameras’ out there. Really hard to choose. We have done some comparisons and gotten a lot of feedback over the years. Put together some details and specifics on some of the most popular ones and thought I would share them. GoPro gets lots of attention, but there are some other great cameras out there. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/blog...right-for-you/

May help as you are looking for gift ideas!
So which one has the best stabilizer in it for the shaking of a Harley ?

Old 12-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
action video camera is what the OP was talking about. but since you brought up DSLR's... I use a Nikon D7200
Ah, I see that now. lol...thnx

Old 12-06-2015, 08:32 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
So which one has the best stabilizer in it for the shaking of a Harley ?
Im not sure any could compensate if it was mounted on the bars! That's a lotta shaking haha

Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

Got a GoPro Hero4 for Christmas last year; used it this summer touring. Awesome photos and video; only complaint is battery life. Velcro'd the remote to my left mirror stalk and the camera mounts to my helmet.
I have great riding video to watch in the off season; I chose GoPro because it seems to be the industry standard. I still pack a SONY A1 DSLR for important still shots; others may be as good but none better...

Attached Thumbnails Anyone buying a Camera this year?-marcus.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Pretty much decided on the tiny GoPro, Hero Session. Has all the features I think I'd use in a GoPro, seems everybody sells it for $199. My attempts at phone videos on a bike have been cute and terrible at the same time, but that may have been the 6 year old grandson holding the phone...

Old 12-06-2015, 03:16 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no use fat all for a video camera. But just bought a (used) Nikon Df, as it accepts all my Nikon (mostly manual focus) lenses, and has a full frame sensor. And has analog primary controls. This camera was introduced 2 years ago--I hadn't heard about it until a couple weeks ago--but I had long ago promised myself that, if Nikon ever came up with a digital camera that operated like a film SLR, I'd buy one.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

I just checked to see if there were any digital bodies that could use my Minolta SLR lenses from the 70's and 80's; no Minolta branded, but delighted to see there are other brands they'll fit. Now I've gotta try to find a Sony Nex I can afford; be nice to have my zooms and wide angle lenses back again. Still want to get a GoPro, though.

Quick Reply: Anyone buying a Camera this year?