General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to buy Vanson Leathers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy Vanson Leathers?

Summer is on its way and I'm looking at the Vanson Vent Max 3 as a possible hot weather jacket. I ride with t-shirts around town, but wouldn't mindmore protection for longer trips. That said, $175 for a textile jacket with armor, but no lining of any kind, seems kind of steep to me. Anyone know of a place that can beat that price?

Old 05-08-2007, 02:01 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best place to buy Vanson Leathers?

I got one of those two weeks ago at a BMW dealer for $140.
My Harley dealer hasthem (but with a Buell logo on the arm) for $130.
The Vanson site lists them for $155. Don't know why such a difference in price except maybe the dealers got them last year before a price increase.

It's a great jacket, more like a shirt. Mesh like chicken wire, no pockets, no liners, no frills of any kind, but it flatlets the air through. I have 3 other mesh jackets, but this is the one for hot weather. It is so light and cool, I don't notice I'm even wearing it, even in stop and go traffic.

It is expensive, but if you want protection in hot weather, its the best thing available.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/produc...ackets/vx3.htm

Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best place to buy Vanson Leathers?

ORIGINAL: TampaJim

I got one of those two weeks ago at a BMW dealer for $140.
My Harley dealer hasthem (but with a Buell logo on the arm) for $130.
The Vanson site lists them for $155. Don't know why such a difference in price except maybe the dealers got them last year before a price increase.

It's a great jacket, more like a shirt. Mesh like chicken wire, no pockets, no liners, no frills of any kind, but it flatlets the air through. I have 3 other mesh jackets, but this is the one for hot weather. It is so light and cool, I don't notice I'm even wearing it, even in stop and go traffic.

It is expensive, but if you want protection in hot weather, its the best thing available.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/produc...ackets/vx3.htm
Thanks TampaJim! Sounds like you're local. Which dealership are you referring to? (I use Fletcher's for the most part). Did the BMW dealership happen to have anything except the plain black? I kind of like the looks of the black/white stripe version. Thanks!

On a sidenote, how difficult is it to remove those Buell patches?